cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
octaking
Level: Powered On

Save an image of a form in a column of a sharepoint list

I have an image on a form that I want to save in a column of a sharepoint list this image is an image that is already in shape I need the formula to save an image in a column of a sharepoint list urgently please help67742331_2598703263707304_7838047665723015168_n.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
leyburn19
Level 10

Re: Save an image of a form in a column of a sharepoint list

There are three people that deal with images on youTube.  Shane Young, Paul Culmsee and Paul O'Flaherty that I would look at to get ideas for your solution

Super User
Super User

Hi @octaking ,

There are a couple of ways to do this depending on;

• How you got the image in the app in the first place (Camera or Add Picture control)
  • What you want to do with the image once it's in SharePoint.

If it's a camera image and you're not planning on doing anything with it other than rendering it again in PowerApps sometime in the future, then you can just save the image directly to a large text or multiline text column in a list.  This will save the base64 encoded image as text.  To render it again in PowerApps, just add an image and set it's Image property to the column you saved the info, PowerApps will automatically render the image from the encoded text.

If you need an actual image file saved to a document library in SharePoint, then you can pass the image along to Flow and let it do it for you - again, this is slightly different depending on how the image was created in the app;

Image from Camera:

• Pass the image url to flow, which is the Base64 encoded uri.
  • Use Compose to convert the base64 to binary using Flow expression DataUriToBinary()
  • Create an image file on sharepoint, give it a name and set it's content to the Compose output.

If you're uploading a document from the Add Picture control, there's a way to do it with Flow as well, it's just a little more convoluted - before we get into that though, perhaps you can share some more info on how the image was created?

Kind regards,

RT

octaking

Hi russel  

Thanks for answering

The image I want to save is a simple image control

I need it to be saved in a sharepoint column since later I will use this image in a gallery

imagen45.png

Super User
Super User

Hi @octaking,

I'm afraid you lost me there.

Is that image loaded into the app as a resource?

How was it created/how did it get into the app?

RT

octaking

yes it is a resource image 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 370 members 4,706 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: