cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Save image in another format(other than blob)

Is there a way to save an image to a database (excel or sharepoint list) in a format that is not "BLOB"

In my application, the user have to attach a picture and send it to me, I created a flow to send this to a sharepoint list, but it goes as (i.e): blob:A6A76A9F-CD67-4FDD-B217-<morelettersandnumbers> , The image is sent to sharepoint AND excel like this, already tried on both platforms.

Is there a way to save it on another format? Or maybe a way to convert the blob code into the image again?

Thanks,

15 REPLIES 15
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Save image in another format(other than blob)

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry for missing the followup on this thread.

Curently I don't think there is a way to convert the Blob data into image.

Based on what I could tell, the Add Picture control would just save the images uploaded as a part of the app. Once the collection within the App is removed, the data (Blob:******) saved to the other data source would become invalid.

Please consider submit this as an idea, to allow the Add Picture Control be available to return the Binary data of the image added.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
maxtarneberg
Level: Powered On

@v-micsh-msft

Is there any change to this state of affairs?

Using the Site Inspector template, files are saved as Jpg, in the templates' folder and location recorded in a spreadsheet.

My app, which is based on this template used to perform like this, but recently, for reasons I do not understand, the files are no longer saved as jpg in a folder and my images are just jotted into the spreadsheet as blob:xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is not what I want (or what I suspect the majority of users want), is there a simple way to reverse this?

Do my images exist anywhere other than the blob code in my spreadsheet?

Many thanks

Max

maxtarneberg

Hi @v-micsh-msft

I am still seeking a resolution for this, can you help at all please?

Many Thanks

skmcken
Level 8

I have managed to get Images to save to SharePoint Document Libraries using HTTP Requests through Flow. It works pretty well and, if you build your HTTP Request with Parameters for the SharePoint Library, you can resuse the Custom Connector in all your apps.

maxtarneberg

Hi @skmcken

This sounds great, could you expand a bit on that, or provide a link please to help. 

Sorry, I wouldn't know where to start!

Thank you most kindly

skmcken
Level 8

@maxtarnebergThis was the link I used. Its a YouTube Video and, Its a great walthrough. Can't take any credit for the solution at all, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp-8B1fLrqs

maxtarneberg

@skmcken legend. Thanks for the quick responses. As you won't accpet any credit for the solution, I won't hassle you if it doesn't work for me either!

Thank again

skmcken
Level 8

You can easily hassle me, lol. I have the PostMan File and Flow Template which I can email you if you sen me a message.

maxtarneberg

@skmcken unfortunately this won't work for me due to organisational policies.

Can someone from Microsoft @v-micsh-msft please provide a solution to this presumably common problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,907)