cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
phearin
Level: Powered On

Save images captured from PowerApps to SharePoint List/DocumentLibary and display back to PowerApps

Dear Team,

Is anyone can help on how we can save images captured from PowerApps to SharePoint List/DocumentLibary and display back to PowerApps?

Honestly, I have gone through previous questions and some other sources on net, yet it won't work. 

Ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6xMLprDTjU

I couldn't connect the document library to PowerApps as he mentioned in theh video. 

Yet if anyone can show me the correct way to do it.

Thanks,

Phearin 

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Save images captured from PowerApps to SharePoint List/DocumentLibary and display back to PowerApps

Hi @phearin ,

Do you want to generate an app from sharepoint doc library?

I've made a similar test and met this proplem:613.png

I have reviewed a lot of information and found that it is an known issue that generating an app from custom list name could not work in PowerApps Studio currently.

Here's some similar issues for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Error-connecting-to-SharePoint-Calendar-using...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Issue-creating-PowerApp-for-SharePoint-calendar/m-...

If there's any improvment, I will reply here.

What's more, you could connect with SharePoint doc library and customize the app by yourselef.

Here's a doc for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Issue-creating-PowerApp-for-SharePoint-calendar/m-...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
K-A-R-L
Level 10

Re: Save images captured from PowerApps to SharePoint List/DocumentLibary and display back to PowerApps

Hi @phearin ,

Try using Paul Culmsee's method or John Liu's but I think there's an easier way to do this now because of the new JSON function in Powerapps. Please check this link thFro tutorial. 

Full documentation of JSON Funcitons here.

Cheers

phearin

Hi @K-A-R-L , @v-yutliu-msft ,

Thank for your both comments. I have done save image to document libary already. 

However, could you please share with how can I copy image link and paste it into another sharepoint list column? 

First screen is where I store image file on document library on Bank Deposit. and Second screen is the SP list which I store detailed information and there is a column call photo where I want to store the link of image from document library. 

Thanks,

Phearin

Deposit.PNGStaffUpdate.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @phearin ,

I've made a similar test for your reference:

1) set the photo field's data type in sharepoint list to hyperlink .

2)connect the app with the doc library and list.

3)Set a gallery's Items to the doc library.

4)insert an edit form, set the Photo field's Default: Gallery4.Selected.'Link to item'

Then, the Photo field will be automatically filled in one spefic image's link in the doc library.

6139.png

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
phearin

@v-yutliu-msft ,

First, I have created app which store all detailed information of staff in SP list, and the photo column is set to Hyperlink/Photo. I did manually insert photo to documents and copy link insert into the field in the SP list. 

However, I have an idea to design my app allow staff to capture their image from camera and store in the SP list. Then I found some usefuls link that allow app to capture photo and save in the document library. But it won't connect with my SP list which contain photo there. Hence, I am thinking how I can fectch the image url link from document library to replace it into the photo field under SP list. 

Hope you get my point. 

If you have better way, please let me know as well. 

Thanks,

Phearin 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 106 members 5,298 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: