cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcp
Level: Powered On

Save on SharePoint custom form and retrieve next ListItemID

The current Item property of my SharePoint form contains the default code below:

If(IsBlank(SharePointIntegration.Selected) || IsEmpty(SharePointIntegration.Selected),First('Enquiry Register'),SharePointIntegration.Selected)

I have a manual Save button on the form that performs as SubmitForm function. The problem is after the form is saved, the first item is retrieved due to the default code. How do I fix it so when saved, the form does not changed to the first record but retrieve the newly submitted data?

The form also has a ListItemID/ID field from SharePoint hence why I need to retrieve the saved data in order to display the new ListItemID/ID.

I have tried using LastSubmit.ID but not sure how to set it to the control.

See the Existing Item.png. It shows the Enquiry # (ListItemID/ID) field as 11. Also the New Item.png is blank but upon saving, it should show 12 being the next SharePoint ListItemID/ID.

The default for the card is ThisItem.ID. In theory ThisItem should be the new ID. ThisItem.ID works when you open an existing record so the question really is how do we update ThisItem? Or should I update the Item property above to query the new record and show the new ID?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 210 members 5,306 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: