Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvazquc3
Level: Powered On

Save record in a different SharePoint list from powerapps

Good day

• Support me please.
  • I have 2 list in Sharepoint:
    • List1 (Products) (field1: TypeofEquipment - Field2: Model - Field3: Characteristics)
    • List2 (eRequest) (field1: TypeofEquipment - Field2: Model - Field3: Characteristics)
    • In List1 I use it as a catalog of equipment's
    • In List2 It is where the user will capture the information.
    • I use these instrucctions and none of them work for me.
      • Patch(eRequest,Defaults(eRequest),{TypeofEquipment:DDTypeofEquipment.Selected.Value,Model:DDModel.Selected.Value,Characteristics:DDCharacteristics.Selected.Value});Navigate(Save;ScreenTransition.Fade)
      • IF I DO IT IN THE OTHER LIST IT WORKS FOR ME AND INSERT THE NEW RECORD.
        Patch(Products, Defaults(Products), {'Type of Equipment': DDTypeofEquipment.Selected.Value, Model: DDModel.Selected.Value, Characteristics: DDCharacteristics.Selected.Value})
      • I attach a file image.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Save record in a different SharePoint list from powerapps

Based on the screenshots it looks like your language doesn't use "," and instead uses ";" and when a ";" is needed in my language you use ";;".

So I think it would look something like this:

Patch(eRequest;Defaults(eRequest);{TypeofEquipment:DDTypeofEquipment.Selected.Value;Model:DDModel.Selected.Value;Characteristics:DDCharacteristics.Selected.Value});;Navigate(Save;ScreenTransition.Fade)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

If the Patch formula was exactly what you have in the app then the issue is with the ";" in the Navigation Function. The ";" should be a ",".

Patch(eRequest,Defaults(eRequest),{TypeofEquipment:DDTypeofEquipment.Selected.Value,Model:DDModel.Selected.Value,Characteristics:DDCharacteristics.Selected.Value});Navigate(Save,ScreenTransition.Fade)

If that was just a typo in the post then what is the error message you are getting? If you Play your app from the design studio and use that Patch() and it fails then you can go back into the studio it should show you a red x and you can hover over it to get the details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
cvazquc3

Hello Jeff

- Than you for you time in response in my support

- Attached files documentation my issue.

Super User
Super User

Based on the screenshots it looks like your language doesn't use "," and instead uses ";" and when a ";" is needed in my language you use ";;".

So I think it would look something like this:

Patch(eRequest;Defaults(eRequest);{TypeofEquipment:DDTypeofEquipment.Selected.Value;Model:DDModel.Selected.Value;Characteristics:DDCharacteristics.Selected.Value});;Navigate(Save;ScreenTransition.Fade)

View solution in original post

cvazquc3

Thanks for the help and dedication Jeff

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,121)