One of formula "SaveData" is useful when we want to save some information into device.
The description say that
Storage is encrypted and in a private location on the local device, isolated from other users and other apps
Yes, data is save with encrypted until we did not update with latest modified App. Saved Data is lost when we get the update from cloud to local device. (Not PowerApp update). This is not good solution for us. What if we use our app in production? User saved their data or some information on their device and then we update the app, after that all of user saved data will lost after they update their app.
PowerApp always recreate new folder and download to new folder and delete the old folder when we do the Update.
How can we test?
1. Go to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MSApps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
2. Delete all files and folder
3. Open PowerApp and download. (Your app should be use SaveData on one of page or event.)
4. You will be see one folder name with number (eg. 1 or 2 or xxx)
5. Run your app and call one of your func. use SaveData
6. Your Data is saved under your app folder.
7. Make some changes on your app and save and close.
8. Click Update on your app and see what happen on your previous folder. You will be see new folder name with latest files and folder expect your saved data file.
I would like to hear from you how are we going to use SaveData for production.