cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaffa
Level: Powered On

SaveData causing crash on certain devices

I have an issue that only appears on certain devices - a particular one is the Samsung SM-T555 Galaxy Tab A. I am trying to save a persistent local copy of our prices file using SaveData. The file is around 22k records, which I appreciate is a fair size, although I haven't seen any discussion of size limits on SaveData. There doesn't seem to be any problem downloading the data into a collection (I use ForAll to get it 500 records at a time), but subsequently using SaveData to save that collection to a file causes a crash. It works fine on the desktop version and on my Samsung Galaxy S6.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SaveData causing crash on certain devices

Hi @Jaffa,

Thanks for the feedback.

This issue seems to be specific. In addition to the savedata function, have you tried the Export control?

Export control and Import control in PowerApps

I will collect this as a feedback.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Jaffa

The Export control allowed me to save a file but the OnSelect of the Export control (which I set up to update a context variable) did not fire in teh 5 minutes that I waited. When I tried to reimport the file that was created I get an 'Import Error', with 'Session ID: undefined' in the detail.

I have tried this on two different devices (same Samsung tablet model) with the same result

Below is the logcat file for the SaveData error, it seems to imply an out of memory error but the device has 1.1GB free before and after the app was running and seems to have not gone below 800MB free while running, from what I can tell.

Spoiler

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Jaffa,

Thanks for the update.

I modified your posts to remove your logs. If convenient, please send me a private message for logs related (under the security concerns).

I have collected the log you updated.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Jaffa

I've managed to bypass the problem by saving into multiple files with ForAll. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Jaffa,

Thanks for the update.

Are you still having this issue?

If issue insists, could you please share the Session ID under PowerApps App (Account->Session Details) with the sepcial devices?

Please also collect the operating system version you are currently using (used for App building), and the PowerApps studio version under the problematic device.

Those should be helpful for further investigation.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,252)