Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
snickell
Level: Powered On

Saving Offline Edits

I followed along with this tutorial:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/implementing-offline-capability-in-your-app/

And I am now able to save my new forms locally, and then upload them when I'm online. However, my edits will not save locally, they just save as blank files. I know this has something to do with the fact that they are "edit forms" and not "new forms." Is there a way I can save edit forms locally for future submission when online? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: Saving Offline Edits

@ThatAPIGuy has a method for working with a form's 'Updates' property. Vivek, can you share about how @snickell can collect the edits he wants to make?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @snickell ,

How do you save your New Form data into your local device? Could you please share a bit more about the formula?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the "Updates" property of the Edit form could achieve your needs. If you want to save your Edit form data into your local device, please take a try with the following workaround:

Within your Edit screen, add a Button control, set the OnSelect property to following:

ClearCollect(
              LocalCollection,
              First('YourDataSource')
);
Clear(LocalCollection);
ClearCollect(LocalCollection, EditForm1.Updates) SaveData(LocalCollection, "LocalFile")

More details about SaveData function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

SaveData function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
snickell

Collect(
newDCS1Collection,
{
ReadingTime: vDate,
Unit: vUnit,
Reactive_x0020_Power_x0020__x002: Value(DataCardValue3.Text),
Power_x0020_Factor: Value(DataCardValue4.Text),
Generator_x0020_Frequency_x0020_: Value(DataCardValue5.Text),
Generator_x0020_Voltage_x0020__x: Value(DataCardValue6.Text),
Generator_x0020_Current_x0020__x: Value(DataCardValue7.Text),
Bus_x0020_Frequency_x0020_HZ_x00: Value(DataCardValue8.Text),

This is how it goes for a while in my New Form data, and it works alright. This is ran when the "Submit" button at the bottom is clicked. I tried what you said with the .Updates and clearing and so on, but I think I'm running into a problem trying to get the updates, and coverterting the text value into a number. I feel like I would need to put "Value(DataCardValue3.Updates.Text)" but that doesn't work. I'm not sure, maybe there's something else wrong. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @snickell ,

It is not necessary to collect data from your Edit form for each column, as a alternative solution, you could still use the .Updates property to ahcieve your needs.

When you want to save your New form data into a Collection, please consider take a try with the following formula:

Collect(
            newDCS1Collection,
            EditForm1.Updates
)

Note: Please make sure that the formula you used to collection New form data is the same as that to collect Edit form data.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
snickell

I'm afraid I'm still saving blanks to newDCS1Collection. I followed how you said to do it exactly.

ClearCollect(
newDCS1Collection,
First('MySharepointList')
);
Clear(newDCS1Collection);
ClearCollect(
newDCS1Collection,
frmDCS1.Updates
)

This formula works for the new too, but not for edit. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 413 members 5,701 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: