cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewFitz
Level: Powered On

ScanBarcode() autofocus bug on iPad

I built a barcode scanner that runs fine on my Galaxy Note 8, but on my classroom iPad (4th Gen) with iOS 10.3.3 installed. I'm hitting a bug I think. My app is designed to scan/enter two seperate barcodes into two separate text input controls before I patch them. Both scans are triggered by two separate buttons. The bug always occurs on my 2nd scan, the iPad loses its autofocus and I can't scan a rather long barcode. Autofocus always works on the first scan, regardless of which button is pressed, but then it stops working afterwards.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: ScanBarcode() autofocus bug on iPad

"

Both scans are triggered by two separate buttons. 

"

Could you please explain a bit for the setup of the triiger?

Is the following article that you have followed to implement it?

Create a barcode scanning app in minutes!

Besides, could you please take a try to upgrade the IOS Version to the current version 11.4.1?

For testing purpose, if possible, find a testing device to test that before upgrading the production one.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AndrewFitz
Level: Powered On

Re: ScanBarcode() autofocus bug on iPad

Hi Michael, here are my two buttons:

Button for scanning student ID: OnSelect=UpdateContext( {StudentID: ScanBarcode() } )
Button for scanning Instrument Barcode: OnSelect=UpdateContext( {InstrumentBarcode: ScanBarcode() } )

Both the StudentID and InstrumentBarcode are then patched to a Sharepoint list. Scanning twice and autofocus works fine on my Note8 phone and my wife's iPhone running iOS 11.4.1.

Apple doesn't support iOS 11 on a 4th gen iPad, so I all get on my classroom iPads is 10.3.3

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 181 members 5,887 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: