cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muzammil
Level: Powered On

Screen Navigation - Not working

I'm using a Form and a Gallery both in my App for Master/Detail SharePoint List updates.

Form submit a record to "Daily Fish Catch Master" SharePoint Master List, and Gallery updates the record to "Daily Fish Catch Detail" SharePoint Detail List.

Challenge:

The code I have On submit is "SubmitForm(FormDailyFishCatchMaster)" and "OnSuccess" of this form I'm using Patch to patch the Gallery items to the SharePoint's detail list. Everything works well till I add the "Navigate" to Success Screen after Patch Code, it's not working and even when I use "Navigate" function, it stops adding the Gallery items to Detail SharePoint list, just update the From list's items in SharePoint.

I have attached the screenshots for your review, thank you in anticipation 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Muzammil

Re: Screen Navigation - Not working

@RandyHayes 

I finally found what went wrong. It took longer than expected.

Lesson learned: I'll not enable the Experimental Features for production apps, as I enabled "Components" through App settings.

Just for your information, I shared a screenshot, how to enable this feature, as by default it's off. 

I was using Header as component (Simple Heading Text, no var etc. in header), as soon as I removed the Header and disable the Components features it start working. ForAll Patching the record and also Navigate to success screen works well.

PowerApp teams may need to resolve this issue for the "Components" experimental feature.

@RandyHayes  "Randy" thank you 🙂 you are quick and supportive... and really appreciate your suggestions... love it 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Super User
Super User

@Muzammil 

Do you have a ; (semicolon) at the end of your Navigate statement in the formula?  I can't tell in the image as your red box might be covering it.  If not...that is the issue.  

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Muzammil

Yes, there is ; as I am using ResetForm right after it. I attached a clear image hope it helps.

Even I remove ResetForm and ; after the Navigate it still not works.

Thank you for quick reply 🙂

Super User
Super User

@Muzammil 

So, the first thing is - Be careful of using statements after a Navigate function in your formulas.  What is put there will apply to the screen you Navigte to.  

Sidebar : I see this in places where people try to use an UpdateContext after a Navigate.  What they don't realize is that the UpdateContext will be to the new screen, not the current one.  So, try to do what you need before you navigate for safety sake.

Back to your issue...are you sure your ForAll formula works without the Navigate statement?

If so, then try removing the entire ForAll statement and just make it the Navigate statement.  See if that works fine. 

There is no partcular reason that I can see at a glance from your Forumla that would cause it not to work.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Muzammil

Thank you for the good pieces of advice! I'll keep these in mind 🙂

As per issue: I removed the ForAll and ResetForm, and just keep the Navigate function... it still not working. Attaching the screenshots for your review. After submit a form it just displays "Getting your data...".

On the other hand, Navigate works well within PowerApps Studio when test... but not from the published app through SharePoint page widget.

Super User
Super User

@Muzammil 

So, just that I am clear, the Navigate function in the OnSuccess works fine in design mode, but not from the SharePoint site?  Can you describe your SharePoint widget more?  Are you referring to the view in your list?

Is this app done as a form customization or as a custom app?

Muzammil

Yes, The Navigate function (OnSuccess) works fine in design mode, and not in the SharePoint page where I added PowerApp as shown in the attached screenshot. 

I'm referring to the App and it is custom Canvas App, not the form customization.

Super User
Super User

@Muzammil 

Oh I see, the PowerApps webpart...got it.

Hmm, then in that case there seems to be something going wrong with that.  Have you tried to Play the app directly from the PowerApps app list (not in design/edit mode)?  I would be curious to see if that works properly.

If it does, then that suggests there is an issue with the PowerApp webpart.  In that case, one workaround might be to embed the app into a SharePoint page as an Iframe.  That would be the next thing to look at.

Muzammil

@RandyHayes 

No Luck, I tried the app directly from the PowerApps (desktop) as well as through mobile PowerApps, it is not navigating to the success screen. 

Muzammil

@RandyHayes 

I finally found what went wrong. It took longer than expected.

Lesson learned: I'll not enable the Experimental Features for production apps, as I enabled "Components" through App settings.

Just for your information, I shared a screenshot, how to enable this feature, as by default it's off. 

I was using Header as component (Simple Heading Text, no var etc. in header), as soon as I removed the Header and disable the Components features it start working. ForAll Patching the record and also Navigate to success screen works well.

PowerApp teams may need to resolve this issue for the "Components" experimental feature.

@RandyHayes  "Randy" thank you 🙂 you are quick and supportive... and really appreciate your suggestions... love it 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 167 members 5,942 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: