cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skidmarks64
Level: Powered On

Screen Permissions and Access

I have created a basic 3 screen app made up of a browse, detail and edit screen.

I would like to try and achieve the following:

• Make all three screens only available to certain admin users in AD
  • Make the "New" element of the edit screen available to all my users in AD

Is there a formula I can put in the "visible" control of the browse and detail screens to achieve this or is there another way?

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Ian

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Screen Permissions and Access

On top of my head I think the easiest way would be to create an app where you can add new elemests and share it with everyone in your organziation. And have the 3 screen app shared only with admins. 

Krutish

PowerApps how to provide rights to specific user to view specific screen

Hi All,

I have created one application in power apps where i want that only CEO,and CTO of the company can see the accounts page and rest other user can only see the listing. Is it possible in power apps. Can anybody guide me

Sru
Level 8

Re: PowerApps how to provide rights to specific user to view specific screen

hi @Krutish

here is the tutorial link for implemting role based security in power apps.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/implementing-role-based-permission/

Thanks,
Sru

Super User
Super User

Another way to control access is to you use If. You could make the button to open the screen only visible If(User().email = "Ceo@company.email", true, false)

If the button to get to the screen isn't visible then they can't get to it. I am about to demo this in my next video. 🙂 

Shane

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Nando

@Sru This is exactly the way how i make my PowerApps ready for role based security. 🙂

Jdemke

formHelp.png

This is what it would look like for comparing two people's emails for visibility. If you need to add others just keep adding && "email address" to the statement. 

Super User
Super User

@skidmarks64 In this new video from minutes about 11 to 14 I show off the security trimming. Hope it helps.

Whoops. Edit to include the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vVFgaEBYuM 

Shane

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Krutish

Thanks for the help

Super User
Super User

I completely agree with @Anonymous, if there are enough things that are different, I'd make it into two different apps and then share each app to the correct people.

If however the changes are not that many and most screen/business logic is the same for each group of users, I'd look into using AD security groups to control which user has access to each function. As it happen, I describe how to look for group membership in this post: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Is-it-possible-to-switch-the-view-as-InfoPath-in-powerapps/m-p/54604#M22624

I would not hard code e-mail addresses and such, it will just be a maintenance nightmare when users quit and new ones start.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 396 members 6,175 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: