cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slayer4567
Level: Powered On

Screen Size pixel density not kept

When you are using a specific orientation for a powerapps, (i.e. Landscape with 16:9 or 1366x768 pixels) and the app is displayed in a browser, the app is larger than the actual pixel density. It does respect the orientation with 16:9 ratio, but the pixels density is higher. I have a 1920x1080 screen and it was displaying the app in the browser at 1777x1000. With the browser tabs / search bar and powerapps title bar it create a scoll bar for the app. If it stuck to the 1366x768, all would be good.

Other than having the user open the app, and click the gear at the top and "fit to screen", is there no way to make the powerapp a fixed pixel density? It seems to only respect the ratio, not the density. Even using a custom pixel density, with no explicity ratio still makes the browser display it larger than the explicity pixel density.

First, why does it do this, and second is there any way to fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Screen Size pixel density not kept

Hi @slayer4567,

Could you share an image on “the app is larger than the actual pixel density”?

Have you locked orientation?

Please share more details on your app. I will help reproduce and report it later.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
slayer4567
Level: Powered On

Re: Screen Size pixel density not kept

I have a few screen shots. I have covered up the image and wording so as not to give any company information, but you get a sense still of what's going on.

The first image is of what screens I have setup. I'm showing the main screen with data blanked out. 

The second image shows my ScreenSize settings.

The thrid is an actual render on my screen. Not sure if you can notice, but its 1655 x 930 pixels. Although that is 16:9 (roughly), it is not the same pixel density as what is specified on Screen Size (1366x768).

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 253 members 5,931 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: