Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nchandran
Level: Powered On

Search Button shows blank gallery

HI,

I'm working on a app for my business. Created a tablet layout and created a gallery then the textinput.

Connected my sharepoint list which is LOI approval to the gallery. 

Text input was renamed to searchbox. The gallery was set to title,subtitle and body. 

Now on the item field on the gallery i changed it to Search('LOI Approval',Searchbox.Text,"Title"). 

Then going to the preview button the searchbox when we type something on it turns the gallery to blank.

The purpose of the searchbox is to refine the gallery to the search text. Can someone help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hnguy71
Level 8

Re: Search Button shows blank gallery

There's multiple ways of approaching your latest issue. If you want to see your line item selected let's first go with the simplest approach:

1. Create a new screen and insert a new Display Form

2. In the new form's Datasource property, choose your sharepoint list.

3. Add display items to the fields list

4. Inside the form's Item property formula, it should something similar (replace Gallery with your gallery name):

Gallery.Selected

gallery_selected.png

5. Now go back to your previous screen with your gallery and within your right chevron's OnSelect property, you should choose to navigate to your screen with the form:
navigate_to.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @nchandran 

This will only search in the "Title" column of your datasource "'LOI Approval"

can you check the data source to see if the title column has the word you are searching

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

nchandran

Hi,

Based on what you just told me the column "title" yes its empty, but I actually want the search to find the data from the Requester Name column which the type is a people/group. Is there a way i need to change the formula?

I've attached the sharepoint list screenshot as well as the properties for the gallery so you have an idea what i'm saying.

nchandran

Managed to self-resolve it, solution was to use the formula below. 

Filter('LOI Approval',StartsWith('Requester Name'.DisplayName, searchbox.Text).

Now the problem is my navigate button for that particular searched line item from gallery goes to parent.item, rightfully it should navigate to that searched line item ibelonging to the sharepoint list using that navigate button. ANy ideas?
hnguy71
Level 8

There's multiple ways of approaching your latest issue. If you want to see your line item selected let's first go with the simplest approach:

1. Create a new screen and insert a new Display Form

2. In the new form's Datasource property, choose your sharepoint list.

3. Add display items to the fields list

4. Inside the form's Item property formula, it should something similar (replace Gallery with your gallery name):

Gallery.Selected

gallery_selected.png

5. Now go back to your previous screen with your gallery and within your right chevron's OnSelect property, you should choose to navigate to your screen with the form:
navigate_to.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,702)