cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SheltonThompson
Level: Powered On

Search/Filter to a specific record

I have two forms on a screen for different data sources. Source 1 contains a field called "ID" . Source2 contains a field called "Source1_ID" which ties the specific record back to its associated record in Source 1.

The form for source 1 pulls the item based on the item selected from a gallery (same source for both). I am now trying to get its associated record in Source 2 to show in the Source 2. I have tried a filter formula on the item property of the form, but its erroring out saying it returns a table instead of a specific record. How do I filter/search to a specific record for a form?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SheltonThompson

Re: Search/Filter to a specific record

Yea that is what I tried first and it errors out stating it was expecting a record. I just added the First formula to the beginning of my filter to change the results from a table to a single record (the filter returned a single record anyways) and that worked. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@SheltonThompson 

Try this on your Item for source 2 form:

Lookup(Source2, Source1_ID = Galleryx.Selected.ID)

That will lookup in the source 2 list a specific record where the Source1_ID column is equal to the ID selected in the Gallery

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
SheltonThompson

Yea that is what I tried first and it errors out stating it was expecting a record. I just added the First formula to the beginning of my filter to change the results from a table to a single record (the filter returned a single record anyways) and that worked. 

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

@SheltonThompson 

Lookup returns single records.  Filter returns a table of matching records.

Glad you got it working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 418 members 6,252 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: