cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayant1
Level: Powered On

Search Function for a Text Field

Hi All,

i am looking for a quick fix for my text field. So, i have a text field with control of dropdown values but it does not provide the functionality of find items within it. 
i want to make that search available within the textbox.
Hope you guys get it as i am really new to Powerapps. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Search Function for a Text Field

Hi @jayant1 

You can directly use Combobox instead of dropdown to satisfy your condition, that would be a better option. You can enable the Allow Searching property to add the search box in the control.

If you still want to use text input, along with the Dropdown, you can use the below expression to filter dropdown results as:

Filter(DropDownSample,If(!IsBlank(TextInput1.Text),TextInput1.Text in Value,true))

Please replace DropDownSample with your DataSource and TextInput1.Text with your textinput control name.MicrosoftTeams-image (122).png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @jayant1 

You can directly use Combobox instead of dropdown to satisfy your condition, that would be a better option. You can enable the Allow Searching property to add the search box in the control.

If you still want to use text input, along with the Dropdown, you can use the below expression to filter dropdown results as:

Filter(DropDownSample,If(!IsBlank(TextInput1.Text),TextInput1.Text in Value,true))

Please replace DropDownSample with your DataSource and TextInput1.Text with your textinput control name.MicrosoftTeams-image (122).png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jayant1 

Do you test with @yashag2255 's suggestion?

If it works fine,please accept it as solution.

More information:

function-filter-lookup

Best Regards.

Yumia

jayant1
Level: Powered On

i am not actually looking for @yashag2255  solution. i tried converting the textfield to combobox but i did not get as to wher i can change it from. 
Also the other solution would make the user to search in textfield first but i would want the user to search for item within the drodpwn values iteself as the combobox allows you to do so.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 181 members 5,707 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: