cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vish_p
Level 8

Search and display result from multiple sharepoint list

I am maintainting multiple sharepoint list for a single app (all are having same data colums/data types),now when a user searches in the search box i want my app to display results which matches the criteria from all lists.

Note : I tried using Collect function to collect all these lists when user lands in search page,but the issue is that some of the list items have attachments,which i am not able to display user when using Collect function

Currently i am using 2 galleries for 2 list and 2 search bar to filter results from 2 lists based on criteria given by user

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Search and display result from multiple sharepoint list

I believe you will need to continue using two different galleries, one for each list.  But if you are filtering on the same value you should be able to use just one Search box.  Just adjust the Items property of each gallery to use the text from the one search box.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
vish_p
Level 8

@Pstork1 

That can be done,but the issue arises when,

Scenario : When user searches for an an entry and if that particualr entry is present on both the lists,then how will i be able to show them matching data from both the list ?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

I'm not sure I'm folloowing you.  If the entry is present in both lists then it will show up in both galleries.  Isn't that what you want to happen?

vish_p
Level 8

@Pstork1 

Capture.JPG

This is how i display results to users ,using 2 search bars to search items from 2 galleries ,now lets say if i am going to let users search using only one textinput how will i be able to show results from both the lists on the same page ?

i cannot seperate galleries horizontally as there are more that 2 lists for amy app and it will cause dilemma for users

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Again, I'm not clear on what you are trying to accomplish. One or two text boxes has nothing to do with how results are displayed. Using two Galleries to display the results does. Unless you are going to agregate everything into a single collection and search the collection there is no way to combine results from two different searches of two different lists into a single display (gallery) using binding.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 100 members 5,077 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: