cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Search sharepoint columns

What does the gallery look like without the filter? Just with the items of the gallery set to SortByColumns(HelpDesk;"ID"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending)).

If it looks good, try applying each filter one by one until you find out which ones give you an error. 

Filter(SortByColumns(HelpDesk;"ID"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending));StartsWith(Title; TextSearchBox1.Text)) , then try Filter(SortByColumns(HelpDesk;"ID"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending));StartsWith(Status.Value; TextSearchBox1.Text)) etc.

tommyrihu
Level: Powered On

Filter(SortByColumns(HelpDesk;"ID"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending));StartsWith(Title; TextSearchBox1.Text))

Filter(SortByColumns(HelpDesk;"Status"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending));StartsWith(Title; TextSearchBox1.Text))

Filter(SortByColumns(HelpDesk;"Kommentar"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending));StartsWith(Title; TextSearchBox1.Text))

the 2 columns status and Kommentat fails

/tommy

tommyrihu

sorry 🙂

Filter(SortByColumns(HelpDesk;"ID"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending));StartsWith(Title; TextSearchBox1.Text))

Filter(SortByColumns(HelpDesk;"Status"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending));StartsWith(Title; TextSearchBox1.Text))

Filter(SortByColumns(HelpDesk;"Kommentar"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending));StartsWith(Title; TextSearchBox1.Text))

but not all att at one  get red cross 🙂 seems  somethinh wrong  meed to know how to use them together

seems that the formula just dont get   work s   trid with or 

||  but dos not work

tommyrihu

SortByColumns(
Filter(
Helpdesk;
StartsWith(Title; TextSearchBox1.Text) Or
StartsWith(Kommentar; TextSearchBox1.Text) Or
StartsWith(Leverant_x00f6_r; TextSearchBox1.Text) Or
StartsWith(Status; TextSearchBox1.Text));
"ID";
If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending))

no at least the thinh that cause the problem Leverant_x00f6_r;

🙂

tthansk for you helpde guys  awseome 🙂

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

ProductTestingInitialFilterbyDropbox.PNGPrefiltered by categoryProductTesting2ndFilteradded.PNGSecondary filter by TeexinputboxTommy, I don't use Sharepoint choice or lookup columns in my apps and I don't think they were designed for Powerapps.  In the future, I would suggest converting them to either single line of text or number as the case may be.  You will find that will work much better with Powerapps and should not affect the data in your list.  You can even set up Dropdowns to filter your list using Distinct(HelpDesk, Status) and adding a filter condition like Filter(HelpDesk; Status = Dropdown.Selected.Value).   This is harder to do with Choice and Lookup type columns.  Also it is harder to add or edit these types of columns from within Powerapps 

You may want to play around with your app and try something like that. In the examples above, I set up a dropdown to do an initial filter and then used the texinput box to apply a secondary filter and  get only items that started with Northwind Traders "C" . The Items property of my gallery is below and the list was obtained by uploading the Access Northwind traders database to Sharepoint. I simply went into Sharepoint, opened the Products list and changed the Type on the Category column from Choice to Single line of text and saved it. No other manipulation was necessary and I didn't lose any data.

SortByColumns(
    Filter(
        ProductsTesting,
        Category = Dropdown2.Selected.Result && StartsWith(
            Product_x0020_Name,
            TextSearchBox1.Text
        )
    ),
    "ID",
    If(
        SortDescending1,
        Descending,
        Ascending
    )
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 381 members 5,973 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: