cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phani_Patil
Level: Powered On

Section Container and Expand Collapse sections in PowerApps

Hello,

Is there a way too add a container to the PowerApps form that can hold data cards in it? I need to add a container so that I can add the formula to the section to show/hide it based on the value chosen in a dropdown instead of having to add the formula to each data card. The container functionality is available in InfoPath but in PowerApps, I could not see it anywhere.

Also, is there an easy way to expand collapse content other than the method shown here: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/ux-patterns-expander-control-with-expand-collapse-animati... ?

I have an InfoPath form where I have all of this functionality implemented. But in PowerApps, which is said to be the replacement for InfoPath, I don't see any of those features. Any help on the  above queries would be very much helpful. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
shailendra74
Level 10

Re: Section Container and Expand Collapse sections in PowerApps

Hi @Phani_Patil 

Add a new screen,  New Screen > Scrollable.  Add as many sections you need and set the height of each section.

Place a icon/button to hide or unhide the detail section.

So to show a detail section 1, add two sections Header Section 1 & Detail Section 1. In Header Section 1, place an icon and onSelect set a variable - UpdateContext({ _hideSection1: !_hideSection1 }) and set the Visible property of Details Section 1 to _hideSection1

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Phani_Patil
Level: Powered On

Hi @shailendra74 

Thank you for the reply. No sure I get it completely. I tried on it but got struck in between 😞

The solution you have given below is for expanding and collapsing sections right?

I want the expand and collapse of sections to be on the same main screen with sections one below the other and do not want users to navigate to different screens/pages to fill the form. I guess, your instructions are to have the expand and collapse sections on the same screen/page. correct?

Also, how do I add the fields/datacards I have on SharePoint into a section. The section you specified below allows to insert controls from within powerapps but not the fields from SharePoint. I think I am confusing a lot. Would oyu be able to share your email ID so I can get in touch with you?

shailendra74
Level 10

Hi @Phani_Patil 

You can have multiple sections on same screen and data cards can be hold controls.

Capture.PNG

Thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Phani_Patil ,

Do you want to add Container control to hold the data cards within a Edit form?

For your first question, if you want to add Container control to hold the data cards within a Edit form, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

As an alternative solution, you could consider add one Edit form for each section, then within each Edit form, you could enable the corresponding data fields you want to display. After that, you could control the visible of the Edit form based on your condition.

For your second question, currently, I have not bee came with a better solution to achieve the Expand Collapse sections in PowerApps.

I think the solution/blog that you mentioned is a available solution within PowerApps currently.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 231 members 2,391 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: