cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FelipeCaru
Level 8

Selected option in screen 1 to be used in screen 2

Hello everyone,

I have stumbled upon yet another thing I do not know in PowerApp, and thus, am here asking if anyone of you could help me.

My problem now is that in screen 1 "proyect list" I have a list of all the projects an user has items on:

multiScreen1_forum.png

From that one, I select one and I will want for my browse screen to show it with "project 2" as the one selected, for example. The problem is I do not know how to link that the selected value there will show as the one I see on the browse screen.

multiScreen2_forum.png

So here instead of seeing all the items of "project1" and the dropdown list have selected "project1", I would want to have it selected on "project2". Due to the way the droplist and gallery are coded:

Droplist:

Distinct(Filter(demo_project;User().Email in ShowColumns(Encargado;"Email"));Título)

Gallery:

SortByColumns(Filter(demo_project; Título = ListaProyectos.Selected.Value && User().Email in ShowColumns(Encargado;"Email"));"Fecha_x0020_Termino";If(SortDescending1;Descending;Ascending))

What should I do so the selected one is the one I choose from the view of the project list?

Thanks in advance for any help,

NOTE: I still want the user able to choose from the dropdown list.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Selected option in screen 1 to be used in screen 2

Hi @FelipeCaru ,

Is Listado de proyectos your first  list in your BrowseScreen1 as next screen shows?

And do you want to when you select Project1 the second screen’s dropdown shows Project1 and the gallery shows Project1’s related information?

Is ListaProyectos your dopsown’s name?

And your dropdown’s Items: Distinct(Filter(demo_project;User().Email in ShowColumns(Encargado;"Email"));Título)

Your gallery in your second screen’s Items: SortByColumns(Filter(demo_project; Título = ListaProyectos.Selected.Value && User().Email in ShowColumns(Encargado;"Email"));"Fecha_x0020_Termino";If(SortDescending1;Descending;Ascending))?

What is your first list’s type? Gallery or other control?

If that is also one gallery, I think you can edit the formula as this: Listado de proyectos. Items: Distinct(demo_project; Título)

Your dropdown’s Items: Filter(demo_project; Título= Listado de proyectos.Selected.Result,User().Email in ShowColumns(Encargado;"Email"))

20190221cascadingdropdown1.png

I test as this: Gallery1.Items: Distinct('20190221projectsnavigate',Projects) (on your side you can change the name of your sp’s and column’s)

20190221cascadingdropdown2.jpg

Dropdown1.Items: Filter('20190221projectsnavigate',Projects = Gallery1.Selected.Result,User().Email in ShowColumns(Persontype,"Email"))  (on your side you can change to your sp list name and column name)

20190221cascadingdropdown3.jpg

Result:

20190220cascadinggallerydropdowngif1.gif

Hope this can be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

FelipeCaru
Level 8

Huh, weird. I was told this thread was marked as deleted/spam by a mod.

@v-yuxima-msfthello, not sure if what you said works, but I got answered in here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/quot-Item-quot-selected-in-Screen1-to-be-used...

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @FelipeCaru ,

Is Listado de proyectos your first  list in your BrowseScreen1 as next screen shows?

And do you want to when you select Project1 the second screen’s dropdown shows Project1 and the gallery shows Project1’s related information?

Is ListaProyectos your dopsown’s name?

And your dropdown’s Items: Distinct(Filter(demo_project;User().Email in ShowColumns(Encargado;"Email"));Título)

Your gallery in your second screen’s Items: SortByColumns(Filter(demo_project; Título = ListaProyectos.Selected.Value && User().Email in ShowColumns(Encargado;"Email"));"Fecha_x0020_Termino";If(SortDescending1;Descending;Ascending))?

What is your first list’s type? Gallery or other control?

If that is also one gallery, I think you can edit the formula as this: Listado de proyectos. Items: Distinct(demo_project; Título)

Your dropdown’s Items: Filter(demo_project; Título= Listado de proyectos.Selected.Result,User().Email in ShowColumns(Encargado;"Email"))

20190221cascadingdropdown1.png

I test as this: Gallery1.Items: Distinct('20190221projectsnavigate',Projects) (on your side you can change the name of your sp’s and column’s)

20190221cascadingdropdown2.jpg

Dropdown1.Items: Filter('20190221projectsnavigate',Projects = Gallery1.Selected.Result,User().Email in ShowColumns(Persontype,"Email"))  (on your side you can change to your sp list name and column name)

20190221cascadingdropdown3.jpg

Result:

20190220cascadinggallerydropdowngif1.gif

Hope this can be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

FelipeCaru
Level 8

Huh, weird. I was told this thread was marked as deleted/spam by a mod.

@v-yuxima-msfthello, not sure if what you said works, but I got answered in here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/quot-Item-quot-selected-in-Screen1-to-be-used...

Super User
Super User

@FelipeCaruI thought this sounded like a familiar conversation.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 229 members 6,179 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: