cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AxolotlSuitcase
Level: Power Up

Send Email based on Forms responses?

Hi All,

I'm extremely stuck. First Day with PowerApps/Flow and I don't understand it. None of the tutorials have helped.

Essentially, I've created a Form for our receptionists to fill out.

One of the fields on the form asks who the customer called for and what message was left, they may put in JohnSmith@x.com as a result.

The form data then pulls to a sharepoint list in the flow.

From there, I then need to Email JohnSmith@x.com with the Message Details.

I can't locate how to add this to my current flow, and I have over 150 different users in the organisation, therefore a drop down list is out of the question.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: Send Email based on Forms responses?

Hi @AxolotlSuitcase 

Is there any reason why you need to use Flow to send the email? (eg, you want to process the message further or use a specific connector)

If not, you could use an email connector in your PowerApp and send the message directly following your form submission. The formula you would use on your submit button would look something like this...

SubmitForm(EditForm1); 
Office365.SendEmail(Input_Email.Text, "Email Subject", "Email Body")

AxolotlSuitcase

Hi @timl 

Firstly, thanks for the quick response.

I just "assumed flow" would be easiest. Basically need to advise the staff member that Mr B called for "C Reason".

No one in my organisation has ever used Power Apps/Flow, and I'm very much struggling to get my head around any of it. We have two people in our Support Team, but we've been advised automation is required. No ifs/buts. I'll try to get my head around this...

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @AxolotlSuitcase 

This can directly be achieved using the powerapps by adding the connection to SP list and the Office365 user.

If you have an edit form, you can directly submit the record using SubmitForm(FormName) and while sending this email, you can get the entered values using FormName.LastSubmit.ColumnName.

Expression: SubmitForm(Form1);Office365.SendEmail(Form1.LastSubmit.ColumnforEmail,"Subject","Body")

If you have individual controls, you can use Patch to save the record directly in the SP list and sen the email.
Expression: Patch(SPListName,Defaults)(SPListName),{Col1:TextInput1.Text,Col2:TextInput2.Text});Office365.SendEmail(TextInput1.Text,"Subject","Body")

If you need specific help with the formula formation, please share more details about the logical implementation of the canvas app.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
AxolotlSuitcase

Hi @yashag2255 

Again, thanks for the quick response, but I'm really getting nowhere with this level of Jargon.

I need an extremely "Dumbed Down" version of how to do this until I get more familiar.

I've scoured the internet for basic instructions but it seems that there are no simple instructions.

Kind Regards,

AS

Super User
Super User

Hi @AxolotlSuitcase 

The first step is to add an email connector. For the Office365 connector, click View > Datasources. Use the search to find Office365 Outlook and add that to your app.

image.png

On your form, click your save button. You'll find an OnSuccess property.

image.png

Change the formula for this to:

SubmitForm(Form1);
Office365.SendEmail(Form1.LastSubmit.ColumnforEmail,"Subject","Body")

In the formula above, change ColumnforEmail to the name of your SharePoint column.

Hopefully, that'll take you a bit further.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @AxolotlSuitcase 

No problem with that. Please let me know if you want to use the Edit form or individual controls to build the UI of the Application.

If you are not concerned about the UI, I would recommend you to use the Edit forms, as it is much easier to build the setup that way. 

You just need to add your SP list and office365 user connection from the data sources. Once that is done, you can insert an Edit Form on the screen. Set the items to point to your SP list and then create a button to save the records:

You can create a button to initialize the form state.
Screen -> OnVisible -> NewForm(Form1)
Button -> OnSelect -> NewForm(Form1)  (optional)

Then create another button to save the results:
Button -> OnSelect -> SubmitForm(Form1);Office365.SendEmail(Form1.LastSubmit.ColumnforEmail,"Subject","Body")

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 195 members 5,420 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: