cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shockwaveAndrew
Level: Powered On

Send Multiple ListBox selections to a DataCard

In this app I'm building I have a RoomSelect screen pulling from a custom sharepoint list into ListBox2. I would like to select many of the items and then hit a button to send the selected items to CreateTask screen and create EditForm2 and place them into a DataCard as text. The DataCard I want to place the text into is the Description card for the Task.

I've created most of this and the button and the navigation works, but the content is not being placed into the DataCard as expected. The formula I'm using is listed below. I realize it's not correct, but I'm having trouble finding the proper way to write it out.

Here's my formula:

NewForm(EditForm2); Navigate(CreateTask,ScreenTransition.None,ForAll(ListBox2.SelectedItems,true,Patch (DataCardValue17:value)))

1. Is it possible to make this happen and how?

2. Is it possible to pull other values from the items in the list? My listbox is showing the name of the items, but I would also like to see the multiple checkbox values selected under one of the columns within each item.

Any input here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Send Multiple ListBox selections to a DataCard

Hi @shockwaveAndrew,

Its a passive process. You would set the default value of the DataCardValue to the Concat() function with the elements being the Listbox.SelectedItems as follows

Concat(ListBox1.SelectedItems.Value, Concatenate(Text(Value),","))

See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-concatenate for more details.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

shockwaveAndrew

How would I use this with a ListBox to push the data to a datacard? The intent is that I can click the button and it creates the list based on what I have selected and puts the list into a datacard on another screen of my powerapp. With the formula I've shown I've created a button that creates a new form on a new screen, but I don't see how to fill in a specific datacard in the form.

Keep in mind that everytime I hit the button the list could have different items selected.

Thanks again.

Super User
Super User

Hi @shockwaveAndrew,

Its a passive process. You would set the default value of the DataCardValue to the Concat() function with the elements being the Listbox.SelectedItems as follows

Concat(ListBox1.SelectedItems.Value, Concatenate(Text(Value),","))

See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-concatenate for more details.

View solution in original post

shockwaveAndrew

I believe this should work. Perhaps it's not possible to push data into a field as I was thinking. I'll work on formating the information in the description to see if I can add more information from the selected items. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 372 members 4,387 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: