cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santoscp_mwci
Level: Powered On

Send an email to a specific person based on a datacard value in a form in powerapps

Hi! I am trying to create a flow for an application where I have a form that has a datacard which uses a dropdown for its selection. The selected value then determines to whom the email notification would be sent once, I hit the "submit button." I am trying to construct my flow but I am unable to point to the specific datacard to set the condition needed. I would appreciate your assistance in the matter. I'm new in terms of using flow so I hope that you would be patient in answering my query. Thanks.

Added info:

Datacardvalue1 = Area1, Area2, Area3, Area4

If datacardvalue1.selected.value= Area1, email oicpersonforarea1

If datacardvalue1.selected.value= Area2, email oicpersonforarea2

If datacardvalue1.selected.value= Area3, email oicpersonforarea3

If datacardvalue1.selected.value= Area4, email oicpersonforarea4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
leyburn19
Level 10

Re: Send an email to a specific person based on a datacard value in a form in powerapps

Flow will send emails from powerapps very easilly.  You should do the flow before the submit as the data will blank after the submit.

Beware that when you add a flow,  put another button just to quickly add else it will overwrite all functions on teh main button.  I do that then copy the flow command into main button.

The steps for tghis are

1. From the actions menu select Flows.

2. Select add new flow.

3.  This makes powerapps as teh trigger to the flow. 

4. Add an action - outlook send email

5. In the send email dialog TO: select dynamic content ask in powerapps

6. In the subject put a subject,  but if this to be varaible put Ask in powerapps

7. In the body put the text or if variable ask in powerapps.

8. Other options can be things like use html etc

Go back to powerapps,  the flow will now be in your list of flows to add (remember now add to another button unless you have no commans yet)

You will get something like

Sendemail.run(the tow variable, the subject variable, the body variable)  

In this case you put your datacard variable in the To. Not sure how you select the email based on your dropdown as that would be tricky on a form. Where do you store the amil in the list?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
leyburn19
Level 10

Re: Send an email to a specific person based on a datacard value in a form in powerapps

Flow will send emails from powerapps very easilly.  You should do the flow before the submit as the data will blank after the submit.

Beware that when you add a flow,  put another button just to quickly add else it will overwrite all functions on teh main button.  I do that then copy the flow command into main button.

The steps for tghis are

1. From the actions menu select Flows.

2. Select add new flow.

3.  This makes powerapps as teh trigger to the flow. 

4. Add an action - outlook send email

5. In the send email dialog TO: select dynamic content ask in powerapps

6. In the subject put a subject,  but if this to be varaible put Ask in powerapps

7. In the body put the text or if variable ask in powerapps.

8. Other options can be things like use html etc

Go back to powerapps,  the flow will now be in your list of flows to add (remember now add to another button unless you have no commans yet)

You will get something like

Sendemail.run(the tow variable, the subject variable, the body variable)  

In this case you put your datacard variable in the To. Not sure how you select the email based on your dropdown as that would be tricky on a form. Where do you store the amil in the list?

View solution in original post

santoscp_mwci

Thank you very much. It is now working as intended. Smiley Happy

Ken3

Thank you for your solution. However, when giving a solution, please you need to break down what you are explaining always remeber not everyone is an expert. If possible screen shots. 

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,338)