cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vidanaw
Level: Powered On

Send an emil with approver response comment

Hi All,

I m trying to create an approval workFlow with approver response comment.

I m getting folowing error.

error.png

Pic1.png

I tried import and export the W/F, but still i m getting the error.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send an emil with approver response comment

Hi @Vidanaw ,

Do you reference the "Created By Email" dynamic content within your "Send an Email" action from the "Update Item" action in the "Yes" branch of the Condition?

Based on the error message that you mentioned, I found that you referenced the "Created By Email" dynamic content within your "Send an Email" action from the "Update Item" action in the "Yes" branch of the Condition, is it true? If it is true, I think this is the issue.

Currently, within MS Flow, you could not reference dynamic content from actions within a Condition outside the condition action. In your scenario, you could only reference the  "Created By Email" dynamic content from the trigger.

As an alternative solution, you could add a "Initialize variable" action under the "When an item is created" trigger as below:10.JPG

Then within your "Send an email" action, set the To field to the UpdateUserEmail variable as below:12.JPG

Please take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Vidanaw 

In your send an email action,

select the created by email using dynamic content obtained by the "When an item is created" trigger action

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Vidanaw

Hi @RezaDorrani 

That's what I m doing on the last step Send "Created By".

Thanks.

Damien_Rosario

Hi @Vidanaw 

According to that error message, you are using the Created by Email attribute from the Update item and not the initial trigger as REza was alluding to.

Scroll through the dynamic content list and see if you can find the trigger attribute to use which may solve your issue.

Hope it works out!

Cheers and best wishes

Damien

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Vidanaw ,

Do you reference the "Created By Email" dynamic content within your "Send an Email" action from the "Update Item" action in the "Yes" branch of the Condition?

Based on the error message that you mentioned, I found that you referenced the "Created By Email" dynamic content within your "Send an Email" action from the "Update Item" action in the "Yes" branch of the Condition, is it true? If it is true, I think this is the issue.

Currently, within MS Flow, you could not reference dynamic content from actions within a Condition outside the condition action. In your scenario, you could only reference the  "Created By Email" dynamic content from the trigger.

As an alternative solution, you could add a "Initialize variable" action under the "When an item is created" trigger as below:10.JPG

Then within your "Send an email" action, set the To field to the UpdateUserEmail variable as below:12.JPG

Please take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,181)