cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniromero
Level: Powered On

Send email from dropdown

Hi everyone,

I have created an app where people have to submit some information choosing the options from dropdowns. I want to sent an email after they submit the form, so I added a button witht the following formula.

SubmitForm(Form1); Back(); Office365.SendEmail(User().Email,"Reserva ","Su reserva ha sido satisfactoria.
" & Aula_DataCard3)

The problem is that I want to send the email with the data they chose from the dropdows. 

I have an error with this formula. Any help? Please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Send email from dropdown

@daniromero 

Your problem is (if you're still using the formula structure you had to start) that your DataCardValue will no longer be there most likely (making a guess on the after-actions of the submit function).

So, you might consider this option:

SubmitForm(Form1);
Office365.SendEmail(User().Email,
     "Reserva Tutorías Académicas","Su reserva ha sido satisfactoria. Estos son los detalles: " & Form1.LastSubmit.Aulas);
Back()

Note: this is assuming your column in your data is Aulas, If not, replace the above with the actual column name.

See if that helps some...

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @daniromero 

I'm assuming that you want to include the content of a dropdown that's within Aula_DataCard3 in your email message. Inside Aula_DataCard3, you should hopefully find your dropdown control. It'll be called something like DataCardValue9. Here's an example screenshot from one of my apps.

image.png

Once you find the name of your dropdown, you can refer to it using syntax that looks like this.

"Reserva ",
"Su reserva ha sido satisfactoria." & DataCardValue9.Selected.Value
)

Depending on the data source of your dropdrown, .Value might not be a valid property name. If that's the case, you can type in DataCardValue9.Selected. and use the Intellisense to work out the correct property name.

daniromero

This is my new formula: 

Office365.SendEmail(User().Email,"Reserva Tutorías Académicas","Su reserva ha sido satisfactoria.
Estos son los detalles: " & DataCardValue10.Selected.Aulas)

I also tried selecting DataCardValue10.Selected.Value but I doesnt work. I receive an email but the information in that datacard is not sent.

What else could I do?

Super User
Super User

@daniromero 

Your problem is (if you're still using the formula structure you had to start) that your DataCardValue will no longer be there most likely (making a guess on the after-actions of the submit function).

So, you might consider this option:

SubmitForm(Form1);
     "Reserva Tutorías Académicas","Su reserva ha sido satisfactoria. Estos son los detalles: " & Form1.LastSubmit.Aulas);
Back()

Note: this is assuming your column in your data is Aulas, If not, replace the above with the actual column name.

See if that helps some...

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

daniromero

You are totally right. Now it works. 
Thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,974)