Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email with Options

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send email with Options

Hi @TerrificTerri,

Could you please share more details about your questions here?

If you would like to send Email within PowerApps, you could either take use of the Office 365 Outlook connection:

Office 365 Outlook in PowerApps

Or consider add a Flow within PowerApps, then Send the Email through Microsoft Flow:

Start a flow in PowerApps

Send Email in Microsoft Flow   (Templates)

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Palak
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-micsh-msft, I'm trying to send an email with options from PowerApps. How do you use Office365.SendMailWithOptions? Can you give an example? I tried searching all over the internet but couldn't find an example of how to get this working.

I currently have been very successful using send email with options using regular outlook (not 365 due to not all people getting the email are within the group).  Here is a picture of the flow information.  Be sure that the "use only HTML message" is marked Yes.  The responses are captured using the Update Item command in Flow.  

Palak

I was wondering if I can send email with options directly from PowerApps without using Flow. I see an option there using Office365 connector (see attached), but just can't figure out build the 'Message' parrameter.

Syntax:

Office365.SendMailWithOptions(Message, {NotificationUrl:Text})

From your picture, in the command box is "Office365.SendMailWithOptions" - the dialog box just above it is "SendMailWithOptions(Message, ...).  Message denotes that it is asking for the message to be sent.  Continue to follow these prompts for clues to get the value. I would place in the PowerApp a text box for the message to be included and name it "Message Body" - the text box then would be referenced in the parameters.  Something close to 

Office365.SendMailWithOptions(txtMessageBody.Text, etc.). 

Also Shane Young has a great video addressing this issue.  His videos are extremely helpful, short, and to the point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF4KX1oSrVI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3feURQfY3M

Palak

Hi @TerrificTerri, thanks for your reply. I watched a few Shane Yong's videos but couldn't find my answer.

'Message' parrameter is not accepting a text value. I'm getting below error. I assume I need to build a 'Message' using all the required email fields like To, Subject, Body, etc.

Invalid argument type (Text). Expecting a Record value instead.

I found below link from internet which gives some details on which parrameters are required to send email with options but is not helping me to build the Message in correct format.

https://www.carlosag.net/PowerApps/Connectors/Office-365-Outlook#_Toc59CCE79ESendMailWithOptions

Any specific reason why you dont want to use Flow?  I choose to use Flow because I was not able to record responses without Flow.  That might be something to consider, if you need the responses.  Sorry I am not of more help.

Palak

Flow has certain limitations. It can't go back to previous step.

For e.g.  Requester submits form to his/her manager for approval. Manager wants the requester to make few changes to the form and send the the form back to requester with details of requested changes. Requester makes the required changes and re-submits the form for approval. This loop can occur a few times until the form is approved and Flow doesn't have capabalities at the moment to handle such situation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,364)