cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elia
Level: Powered On

Send form from User1 to User2 to continue fulfilling a form

For all internal Quality Check reviews, I have created an app with 2 screens, the first one fulfilled by User1 with basic project info and the link to the document for review, and the second one fulfilled by User2 with the quality check review and comments.

I am having issues when applying the following functionalities required:

1. Insert link of the document for review from SharePoint library (Browsing on Library?)
  2. Send form from User1 to User2, and keep data fulfilled by User1 on screen 1 (continue the process initiated by user 1).
  3. Possibility of getting approval from a 3rd User and notification when it happens?
  4. Save fulfilled form (all screens) in a SharePoint library of choice (different each time, in word/pdf format).

I have read that browsing on libraries seems not to be possible yet. Anyways, ways around or alternatives are welcome.

Screenshot attached.

Thanks in advance! (It is my first time using PowerApps... so I am pretty new)

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send form from User1 to User2 to continue fulfilling a form

HI @Elia ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

For your first question, do you want to browse on your SP library to choose the document (URL link) for review? I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently. 

As an alternative solution, you could consider manually copy the URL link to document in your SP Library, then paste it within the corresponding field in your Edit form.

For your second question, do you want to keep data fulfilled by User1 on screen 1 when the User2 continues fulfilling another form? I afraid that there is no direct and simple way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

You could consider save the form data fulfilled by User1 on screen 1 into your data source when the User1 finishes filling (via pressing "Submit" button within your Screen1). When User2 open this app, load data from your data source into the Form1 in Screen1 based on some unique column value.

For your third question, do you want to get a notification within your app when you get a approval request from a 3rd User? I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

For your forth question, do you want to save your form data into a Word file or PDF file within your SP library? I afraid that there is no simple way to achieve your needs in PowerApps. 

Please also check and see if the follownig videos would help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rfAQe1kK8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhE0-HumNNo&feature=youtu.be

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: Send form from User1 to User2 to continue fulfilling a form

Thanks for posting in the community @Elia - can you review the above reply and update the thread if it was helpful?

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,975)