cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RomanKorchak
Level: Powered On

Send html and some info from Powerapp to Flow

Hi All

I need to create different reports in PDF from the app so i have created a Flow that takes the input from the app (some html that is created in a app), makes a PDF file and save in into Onedrive.

It works fine, but now I need to be able to create different files depending on the information sent from the app - I have 20 different offices and need to create a different pdf for each office. So I need to send at least 2 variables (office name and html) to the Flow so it can create corresponding file. 

But  FlowName.Run(Variable) only takes one parameter.

So any ideas how I can do this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Send html and some info from Powerapp to Flow

You can pass multiple parameters to Flow.  However, I have found that if I initially added a Flow to an app with a single parameter and later add another, I need to delete and re-add the flow in my connections for it to see the added parameter.  Here's one with two... 

Flow.jpg

...and I had to remove the flow and go back to Action - Flows and add it again.

Flow2.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

You can pass multiple parameters to Flow.  However, I have found that if I initially added a Flow to an app with a single parameter and later add another, I need to delete and re-add the flow in my connections for it to see the added parameter.  Here's one with two... 

Flow.jpg

...and I had to remove the flow and go back to Action - Flows and add it again.

Flow2.jpg

View solution in original post

RomanKorchak

Sorry, I am still new to Flows, not sure how to specify how many parameters will be in theat function.

I have tried adding new button that would run the Flow and would tried adding 2 parameters (Flow.Run('var1','var2') ) but still getting "Invalid number of arguments. Received2, ixpected 1"

Super User
Super User

As I mentioned earlier, you will need to remove the reference to the flow from your app that you have been using and re - add it using View - Data Sources - find the flow you are using - 3 dots - Remove.

Then go to the button you want to connect this flow to again and do Action - Flows - select the flow you want to use - then complete the Run action it generates for you using both parameters you want to provide.  

Flow takes whatever parameters you send it BUT if the relationship between PowerApps and Flow has previously been established it remembers that and thinks you are providing the number of parameters you used when you originally set it up.  To get it to recognize that the number has changed, you have to break the relationship between PowerApps and the Flow and then re-establish it.  

Additional info on calling Flows from Powerapps:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/using-logic-flows

RomanKorchak

Hi

Just tried it - still getting "Invalid number of arguments: received 2, expexted1"

Thanks

Super User
Super User

If none of that has worked, rename your flow (or delete existing).  Create a new flow from scratch to do the same steps as the original flow.  You can start from PowerApps by using Action / Flows - Create a New Flow

Flow4.jpg

RomanKorchak

Thanks for your help, its sorted now.

Just had to recreate a Flow, I think theer was a problem with it.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,744)