cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gog
Level: Powered On

Send information by Email

Hi everyone,

One question - we dont use Microsoft Office 365 so we dont have our email in Microsoft. We use an own server with email accounts there.

I want the staff members that use our apps in powerApps to be able to extract inforamtion from the powerapps and send it to cutomer.

I have two possible solutions but after 1 week try outs in PowerApps my programming skills are not enough so I need help from you fantastic people...

Solution 1. When the staff members see the information that is saved and published in powerapps, they click on a button "Send to customer". Then a "new email window" opens up in Microsft Office Outlook 2016 (that is installed on the computer) In the New Email the information that wants to be etracted from the Powerapps is included automaticlly and the staff member can type in the right customer email address and push send from the staff members wn email address.
Please advice if this is possible thorugh flow. If so, what would the formula that extrct the inforamtion look like?

Solution 2.
When the staff members see the information that is saved and published in powerapps, they click on a button "Send to customer". Powerapps automaticlly sends the information to their own email address and include the extract of the information. Then the staff members can copy the inforamtion and paste it itno a new email and send it to the customer.

Please advice if this is possible thorugh flow (we use our own email server, not Microsft 365). If so, what would the formula that extrct the inforamtion and send email look like?

I have tried like everytihng and browsine different discussions as this one , but I cannot get anything to work properly and I dont think it is because of less skills in programming. I just dont see the whole picture how to achieve the result I want

I know this is a broad question but I reaally would appreciate your help here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rebetcha
Level 10

Re: Send information by Email

As you say: there are several ways to do this. 

• You could use the Mail connector (https://docs.microsoft.com/nl-nl/connectors/sendmail/) to avoid needing a cloud mailbox. Down side: your send address is not a company owned mailbox.
  • You could use the SMTP connector (https://docs.microsoft.com/nl-nl/connectors/smtp/). Possibly you need some help from your IT department to be able to get this one working. But you can use your own on prem company mailboxes to send the emails.
  • You could add a Launch formula to the on select property of an icon looking something like this: 
    Launch("mailto:[reference to customer emailaddress]?subject=[YourSubject]&body=[Reference to Information you want to sent]")
    Clicking this icon on a computer with Outlook 2016 will open up a new email message window with the send to address, subject and mail body pre populated. The

Have your pick!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rebetcha
Level 10

Re: Send information by Email

As you say: there are several ways to do this. 

• You could use the Mail connector (https://docs.microsoft.com/nl-nl/connectors/sendmail/) to avoid needing a cloud mailbox. Down side: your send address is not a company owned mailbox.
  • You could use the SMTP connector (https://docs.microsoft.com/nl-nl/connectors/smtp/). Possibly you need some help from your IT department to be able to get this one working. But you can use your own on prem company mailboxes to send the emails.
  • You could add a Launch formula to the on select property of an icon looking something like this: 
    Launch("mailto:[reference to customer emailaddress]?subject=[YourSubject]&body=[Reference to Information you want to sent]")
    Clicking this icon on a computer with Outlook 2016 will open up a new email message window with the send to address, subject and mail body pre populated. The

Have your pick!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,392)