Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ClarkyPA365
Level: Powered On

Sending Email with attachments from a Gallery

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can assist.

I have a gallery which contain results from a checklist. The information is stored in a Collection. The Checklist contains 13 scenario's which some may have an issue with.  

I want to send only those that have issues on an Email with information relating to what & where the issue is and possibly other bits of information.

Firstly is there away to distiguese between a 'Yes' & 'No' within a gallery.  Yes = Issue

Secondly I have tried to create an email using some formula from a Shane Young video which formats the email body in to nice segements

Office365.SendEmailV2(
"Email Address",  (This has been changed)
"Perimeter Check Issues",
Concat(
Perimeterissue,
"Building: " & Building & Char(10) &
"Area: " & Title & Char(10) &
"Comments: " & Comments & Char(10)
)
)

but the details displayed are on a constant line

Building: Ferguson Area: Emergency Exit Doors Comments: test Building: Ferguson Area: Ground Floor Windows Comments: Building: Ferguson Area: Secure Vehicle Compound Comments: test1

Any assistance would be welcomed

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Sending Email with attachments from a Gallery

First, as to formating your email, please take a look at this post I provided a while back for another user. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Email-form-data-without-using-Flows-Form-data...

You can use HTML within your send email to format your email as you desired.  It is not difficult to do so with only very basic HTML commands.

As to determining Yes/No, you indicated there is a checklist in the  gallery.  You can check this control to see if the value is true and use it to control which items you include in your output.  Look at the post above and you will see how I created the HTMLEmail global variable and used if statements within the Set statement in order to format.  You can do the same to select which data is include and which is excluded as you assemble the output.

ClarkyPA365
Level: Powered On

Re: Sending Email with attachments from a Gallery

Hi,

I've managed to format the body of the email with the fields required.  Thanks for your suggestion.

I am now wanting to attach images taken from the camera to the email.
See image1 - This is my part of my check list.  (There are roughly 10 more of these which may require images to be taken)
All the information is sent to a collection.  I've sort of followed Shane Youngs video Email Multiple Attachments, but I struggling to implement this it to my application.

I have perfromed the solution and it works using blank screens but not sure where / how it works when i'm Collecting addtional information not just the images

Any idea?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,409)