cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aman_varama
Level: Powered On

Sending multiple collection data to ms flow using PowerApp.Run(JSON(Coll1) + JSON(Coll2) + JSON(Call3) isn't working

Hi, 

I have 5 different collections on powerapps form, all of them are having unique column called ID. all these collections may be different numbers of rows based on user's requirement. 

I need to send all of these collections data to flow in form of  JSON, i was able to send one collection data using PowerApp.Run(JSON(Collection1)), however not sure how to send multiple collections to flow. 

Can anyone direct me to the right path ?

any help on this is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Aman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sending multiple collection data to ms flow using PowerApp.Run(JSON(Coll1) + JSON(Coll2) + JSON(Call3) isn't working

Hi @aman_varama ,

Do you want to use multiple collections json as parameter to run flow in PowerApps?

I'm afraid it's not supported to send multiple collections directly to flow in PowerApps currently.

Currently, Microsoft Flow only accepts String Text value as Parameter value passed from an app.

As an alternative way, I suggest you concatenate these json(collection) into a Single one String value with a specific separator,

then pass this to flow. Within the flow, you could use Split function to split these collections.

For example:

PowerApp.Run(Concatenate(JSON(Collection1),"|",
                         JSON(Collection2),"|",
                         JSON(Collection3),"|"
                         ))

Here's a doc about how to use split function in flow for your reference:

https://www.techmikael.com/2017/05/saving-collection-of-images-from.html

Here's a similar issue for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Using-Flow-to-send-collection-data-i...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sending multiple collection data to ms flow using PowerApp.Run(JSON(Coll1) + JSON(Coll2) + JSON(Call3) isn't working

Hi @aman_varama ,

Do you want to use multiple collections json as parameter to run flow in PowerApps?

I'm afraid it's not supported to send multiple collections directly to flow in PowerApps currently.

Currently, Microsoft Flow only accepts String Text value as Parameter value passed from an app.

As an alternative way, I suggest you concatenate these json(collection) into a Single one String value with a specific separator,

then pass this to flow. Within the flow, you could use Split function to split these collections.

For example:

PowerApp.Run(Concatenate(JSON(Collection1),"|",
                         JSON(Collection2),"|",
                         JSON(Collection3),"|"
                         ))

Here's a doc about how to use split function in flow for your reference:

https://www.techmikael.com/2017/05/saving-collection-of-images-from.html

Here's a similar issue for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Using-Flow-to-send-collection-data-i...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
aman_varama
Level: Powered On

Thank you @v-yutliu-msft , that helped me... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,472)