cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tzavertnik
Level: Powered On

Server response. Forbidden - Common Data Service

I have built an app that stores information in the Common Data Service. When I access the app from my phone/browser, I have no issues loading or saving information. I have asked a colleague to test out the application and he recevies a "Server response. Forbidden." when he loads that application.

How do I resolve this issue? 

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Server response. Forbidden - Common Data Service

Hi Tzavertnik,

Have you shared the app to your colleague? Does your colleague have an account for PowerApps?

For more details about sharing an app, please check the articles below:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/share-app/
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/share-app-resources/

If you need more help, please feel free reply.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
tzavertnik

Mabel - Thank you for getting back to me. The end user does have access to the app. However, the Common Data Service was added to the app after he was given access. Could that be causing issue? Thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Tzavertnik,

Thanks for your reply. We use Common Data Service to store and manage data within a set of standard and custom entities. We can use the data stored in Common Data Service to create an app. So before we have an app, we should have the data source first.

Now your end user already has the data source, please try to re-share the app to him to see if he will still get the “Server response. Forbidden” error.

Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
tzavertnik

Mabel,

Sorry for the delay. I re-added the user access and the end user confirmed that he was able to access the information stored. However, he was not able to save any information. Is there another area where I would need to provide him the rights?

Thanks

Tim

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Tzavertnik,

When you share an app that uses the Common Data Service, notice the information bar indicating that you must share the runtime permission to the Common Data Service separately. If you don’t have permission to do this, see your environment admin. For more about security for the Common Data Service, please see this article below:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/database-security/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

tzavertnik

Mabel,

Thank you for providing the link to the security article. I have been trying to follow the steps but I run into a roadblock when creating a permission set. https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/database-security/#create-a-permission-set

I don't have a new permission set option on my screen. Please see below. Do I need to contact my admin to have that setup?

MissingPermissionSetButton.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Tzavertnik,

From your screenshot I guess that you are using a Preview environment. I have seen an article about PowerApps environment overview, in this article we know that “Two weeks after PowerApps enters general availability (GA), environments that contain preview content will be marked as read-only”. So now your data source is read-only and your shared users are not able to save information to data source.

“We highly recommend that users of these environments migrate their content to the default environment or another custom environment”. So could you try to create another environment or use the default environment to see if your shared users can edit and save data to data source?

Please check this article for a reference:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/environments-overview/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

rstolp

I started getting this same message after changing my powerapps license from one 365 user account to another.  Now I get this messatge everytime I try to execute my app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 477 members 5,686 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: