cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRaasumaa
Level 10

Re: Session expired

@JRaasumaa wrote:

Has this time limit been looked at being extended? This is getting a bit ridiculous to be working in a web session and being told WHILE you are actively working that the session is ending.

What is the benefit of this besides the frustration of having to save, close out and re-launch? I could understand idle sessions needing to be closed but not if I'm literally in the middle of typing having this pop-up telling me my session is expiring.

I just got booted out of a session yet again while typing due to this expiring session nonsense... 

@v-monli-msft    What is being done to resolve this?

mx
Level 8

@JRaasumaa

Totally agree 100%

Time to get this resolved.

There s/b NO timeout whatsoever, certainly not within a 1-2 hour limit.

DatabaseMX ('mx')
Microsoft Access MVP
Paul_Taylor
Level: Powered On

agree with you 100%.....is anybody actually listening or can answer why this is not being addressed?

PowerApps Staff anousham
PowerApps Staff

Thanks for reaching out and your feedback. As part of making the web experience, the primary experience in a near future, we are addressing this expiration and making it longer, and extendable while users are active. Please stay tuned for our updates in a very near future.
mx
Level 8

@anousham  "and making it longer"

Why ... does there need to be any expiratoin ??

There s/n *no* time limit ...

DatabaseMX ('mx')
Microsoft Access MVP
PowerApps Staff anousham
PowerApps Staff

Great question. Currently we have few limitations for having these sessions for unlimited time. We are working on lifting these limitations and providing a better experience for our customers.
emily8787

My session expired and I cannot find the app that I built.  Does this mean it is completely lost?

Boneckrh19
Level 8

In the middle of typing I was inturrupted by the "Session expired. Your PowerApps session has ended." message. There wasn't even a prior warning to save or anything. I've lost all work since my last save. Why on earth is this a possibility????

DerekSensei

Same problem here, making building a PowerApp at the moment a giant exercise in frustration!!!

Please fix ASAP, should not be getting timeout messages while actively working, this is messed up.

OR give us back the desktop PowerApps studio.

Highlighted
romerob

Re: Session expired after working on the app for more than an hour - this is bloody ridiculous

How can you time out the session when working at it without previous warnings? Give me a break

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,304)