cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
agent3154
Level: Powered On

Set Default Gallery Selection (TemplateFill)

I have two same galleries on two separate screen, clicking on one of the item in the first gallery will navigate to the second gallery on the second screen. How do I configure the second screen so that when I get to the second screen, the item selected will the same as the one I selected on the first screen. (can't find TemplateFill property when I tried Gallery2.Items = Gallery1.Selected.TemplateFill)

Is this even possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Set Default Gallery Selection (TemplateFill)

@agent3154 

So first, understand that, although you can select the default row for a Gallery, that will not automatically scroll it to that position.  So, if you are trying to do that...don't waste your time, instead go to the idea forum and vote on ideas like this linked one that are similar to it.

As for just getting them to be the same and default the same, then first, both need to be the exact same Items property.  Then in the Default of the second gallery, set the formula to Gallery1.Selected

If everything is identical as you mention, then this should give you the results.

By the way - TemplateFill is a color property.  It is what determines the background/fill color of a row in the Gallery...not relevant to defaults or items in this case.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Set Default Gallery Selection (TemplateFill)

@agent3154 

So first, understand that, although you can select the default row for a Gallery, that will not automatically scroll it to that position.  So, if you are trying to do that...don't waste your time, instead go to the idea forum and vote on ideas like this linked one that are similar to it.

As for just getting them to be the same and default the same, then first, both need to be the exact same Items property.  Then in the Default of the second gallery, set the formula to Gallery1.Selected

If everything is identical as you mention, then this should give you the results.

By the way - TemplateFill is a color property.  It is what determines the background/fill color of a row in the Gallery...not relevant to defaults or items in this case.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 251 members 5,053 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: