cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madi
Level: Powered On

Re: Set current user as default value of Person or Group field

In my case Field is not displaying the name its just empty . but when i save its storing in sharepoint list .

PhilipGoodfello

I am trying this solution and if I accept the current user as the entry then it works fine and the value is stored.

However, if I edit the entry, using the dropdown, to select an alternative person the *current user* is still stored as the value in the list.

I have pasted exactly as show apart from editing DataCardValue10.Selected to DataCardValue11.Selected appropriately for my datacard.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,
This works perfect and suits to my project. Better than the previous untesteted one by another person.

OlafStetzer

Hello,

I am trying a very similir thing (without success): fill in the current user in a (single) person group field. 
I tried all of the solutions discussed here (with and without if() function) but I always get an
error message that there is an unexpected character. The formula contains ParentClose but "Error" is expected.

I am trying this formula in the field DefaultSelectedItem:

{
'@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser",
Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|"&User().Email,
DisplayName: User().FullName
}

---> with and without the @odata field.

The Powerapp form is only used to modifiy a listitem, the item itself is generated with a flow. The column is set to required=true within the Powerapp and is set to "not visible". The powerapp is the form connected to the sharepoint list.

Madi

Hei 

Send me your email i will send u what i had done 

@OlafStetzer wrote:

Hello,

I am trying a very similir thing (without success): fill in the current user in a (single) person group field. 
I tried all of the solutions discussed here (with and without if() function) but I always get an
error message that there is an unexpected character. The formula contains ParentClose but "Error" is expected.

I am trying this formula in the field DefaultSelectedItem:

{
'@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser",
Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|"&User().Email,
DisplayName: User().FullName
}

---> with and without the @odata field.

The Powerapp form is only used to modifiy a listitem, the item itself is generated with a flow. The column is set to required=true within the Powerapp and is set to "not visible". The powerapp is the form connected to the sharepoint list.

cyberco01
Level 8

Dears,

I have a Created BY datacard which is a Person Group field type but combo box in powerapps.

Kindly help me to get the current logged in user on opening NEW form and on edit of same form, the created by field must be populated.

I tried the above given solutions but unable to achieve it.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

If you do it on the default selected that will only SHOW the current user. You also need to put that same table format data on the Update of the card for your form. I do not think this always been the case but it is now. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 212 members 5,337 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: