cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Vbalamreddy2122
Level: Powered On

Set field tomorrow(currentdate()+1) value based on dropdown value of the same list.

Hi, I have a list called 'CMK Request' and contaains few fields like Title, Request Type(dropdown), Requested Completion Date(Text) .. etc.

My requirement is when i change/select any value from dropdown i would like to set 'Requested Completion Date'  field value to Today+1 

TextBox_Autoset.png

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Set field tomorrow(currentdate()+1) value based on dropdown value of the same list.

Hi @Vbalamreddy2122 ,

Is this a SharePoint list? Is 'Requested Completion Date' a date only column?

If so, then please set below formulas to achieve this:

In the Default property of 'Requested Completion Date' data card in this edit form control:

If(DataCardValue16.Selected.Value=ThisItem.Choice.Value,ThisItem.Start,Today()+1)

In my formula, "Choice" is the choice column name, DataCardValue16 is the dropdown control's name of this choice column inside the edit form. 

"Start" is my date column's name.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Set field tomorrow(currentdate()+1) value based on dropdown value of the same list.

Hi @Vbalamreddy2122 ,

Is this a SharePoint list? Is 'Requested Completion Date' a date only column?

If so, then please set below formulas to achieve this:

In the Default property of 'Requested Completion Date' data card in this edit form control:

If(DataCardValue16.Selected.Value=ThisItem.Choice.Value,ThisItem.Start,Today()+1)

In my formula, "Choice" is the choice column name, DataCardValue16 is the dropdown control's name of this choice column inside the edit form. 

"Start" is my date column's name.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

manuelstgomes
Level 10

Hi @Vbalamreddy2122

Here's how I tried to simulate your issue. First, I added a dropdown with random values. I changed the "onChange" so that it updates the variable with the date that you want

Then I set the variable to the field, and it gets automatically updated for each time you set the variable by selecting a new value in the dropdown.

Screenshot_2019-08-29_at_10_43_26.jpg

Screenshot_2019-08-29_at_10_43_41.jpg

Is this what you need?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Vbalamreddy2122

Hi Monol,

Thank you so much for providing solution for my requirement!

I have one more additional question on same requirement. If suppose user want to change the prepopulate dates on each dropdown selection how can i apply those changes ?

Ex: when user selects each dropdown prepopulate date should be change like below in Textbox or datepicker

dropdown1   --> Today()+1

dropdown2  --> Today()+2

dropdown3 --> Today()+4

dropdown4  --> Today()+5

dropdown4  --> No value or empty text box/ date picker

Note: Dates are not same what i mentioned in above and it will be change as per user requirement

Vbalamreddy2122

Hi Manuel,

Appriciate your help on this request!

I applied Mona solution on my requirement and that is working partially

Thanks,

Venkat

manuelstgomes
Level 10

Hi @Vbalamreddy2122 no worries. Glad that the issue is solved 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,023)