cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kaleyanne
Level: Powered On

Set the Default Value in PowerApps to Value from a PowerBI Dropdown

I built an app in PowerApps which is used to modify values in Sharepoint List, which is then rolled up and displayed on PowerBI dashboard. This dashboard is assessing the risk of certain suppliers. I added the PowerApps visual to a tab on my PowerBI dashboard so users can edit the supplier information. 

My question is: How do I pass the value from by Supplier Tab dropdown to the PowerApp Default Setting? My PowerBI & PowerApps are attached for reference. 

I set the PowerApp dropdown default to the following but it is not accepting this: 

LookUp(PowerBIIntegration.Data,Risk_x0020_Title=First(PowerBIIntegration.Data),Risk_x0020_Title)

I used Risk Title (as this is the PowerBI name) vs. OData_RiskTitle (as this is the Sharepoint Name) but neither work. 

I was trying to leverage step 4 here for how to build this: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/powerapps-custom-visual

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Set the Default Value in PowerApps to Value from a PowerBI Dropdown

Hi @kaleyanne ,

The formula in Items property shows that the data source of this dropdown is the SharePoint list, but you are using the Power BI data as the Default item in this dropdown contorl. 

Also, what is the column type of OData_RiskTitle in SharePoint?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kaleyanne
Level: Powered On

Re: Set the Default Value in PowerApps to Value from a PowerBI Dropdown

Thanks Mona for the reply - 

RiskTitle in my Sharepoint List is Single line of text.

I tried changing Items = PowerBIIntegration.Data.Risk_x0020_Title which is not accepted. It will accept PowerBIIntegration.Data.OData_RiskTitle but no values show up in the drop down, because _RiskTitle is not in Power BI.

It appears that PowerApps doesnt know what has been passed to it from BI. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,285)