cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjasper
Level: Powered On

Set variable not working

Hello,

I working on an app that has two levels to it. A general over all screen then a drilldowned down screen. When I go to go from the general screen to the drilldown screen I get an error with my variables. I am not sure what I am doing wrong because it works for the other screens I just can't get it to work for the drilldown.

I will walk you through what is happening with the app and hopefully this will better explain what I am trying to do.

When team members come to this screen they will click on a group of indicators (eg. Customer Experience) or they can click on specific indicator.

SRSNeighbourhoodProblem1.JPG

Here are the variables that navigates to the next screen:

Set(glbCurrentIndicatorGroup, ThisItem.IndicatorGroup); Set(glbIndicatorGroup, ThisItem.Indicator); Navigate(scrnIndicatorEntry,ScreenTransition.None)

Set(glbCurrentKeySuccessFactor, ThisItem.KeySuccessFactor); Set(KeySuccessFactor, ThisItem.theItems); Navigate(scrnKeySuccessFactorEntry,ScreenTransition.None)

Depending on the screen it will filter the gallery based on what they click. Please see screen below.

SRSNeighbourhoodProblem2.JPG

As you can see on this screen there is a label that says Neighbourhood. I would like to make this how they would navigate to the neighbourhood entry page. I go to set this up the same way I have done with all my other screen and for some reason I keep getting The propery expects Table Values, but this rule produces incompatible text values. I am not sure what I am doing wrong since I am following the same format as above.

This is what I am doing:

Set(glbCurrentNeighhoodIndicator, Thisitem.IndicatorGroup); Set(glbNeighbourhoodIndicator, Thisitem.Indicator);Navigate(srcnNeighbourhoodEntry, ScreenTransition.None)

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Set variable not working

@jjasper 

So - where are you seeing the error you mention?  Is there a particular variable that is in error?

It sounds like you have defined that variable someplace or are using it in someplace where Table values are expected.

I'd take a look through your variables (View-Variables) and see where it is defined and used and which one is making it want to be a table type variable.

I hope that is helpful.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: Set variable not working

Thanks for posting in the community @jjasper - can you review the above reply and update the thread when you have a chance? 

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,953)