Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Werner_1964
Level: Powered On

Share PowerApps with internal group mailbox, not individual users

Hi everybody,

I'm getting to know powerapps and its possibilities by exploring YouTube, this community, etc.

Our company is on the Office 365 platform and we can use powerapps.
Each individual colleague can login to the platform and use/access sharepoint, excel online, ... with his personal login and email address.

We also use "group" mailboxes: a group of colleagues (let's call them our reception team) all have access to this mailbox so "one email message informs them all".
Access to this group mailbox is done via Outlook-accounts, where each individual user adds the mailbox to his account.

I'm thinking about a powerapp that allows the reception team to register the sale of a booklet to visitors. 
The app would run on an iPad and the app should be available with "one click".  Therefore the app should be started from the group mailbox as a "user" and not the individual colleague. 
The reception area is not always staffed by the same person(s) and availability can vary every minute.
There would be only one iPad available.  If every member of the reception team has to login for every sale, this would undermine the speed and ease-of-use of the app.

If the "group" mailbox would be the user, the app is always running and an individual team member can identify himself at the moment of the sale by for instance a password or id-number he/she has to fill out.
With what I know now, I always see that an individual user has to start the powerapp app on his device, login to the platform and then from the apps that are shared with him/her access the specific app that would perform this job.

So the question is: would this be possible within powerapps?

Thanks for your ideas!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,106)