cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Share an app with a group

I too am unable to share an app with either an AD security group, or an office 365 group. This is extremely disappointing as I'd like to be able to enable push notifications from SharePoint > Flow > PowerApps targeting an O365 group who are using the app.
Daniel_Pipe
Level: Powered On

I don't think this is solved, it still appears to be an issue. No matter which SharePoint group I type, I get this message and can only add individual staff.... which obviously is not possible to do or maintain! Can you assist?

Untitled.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. We are not able to share apps with groups yet, something doesn't seem right.

Super User
Super User

Hey all

Any update on this?

I have the same problem with a Flow that I want to share with a group so that the maintenance for the Flow is much easier than add an user manually everytime someone needs access to it.

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you still experiencing this issue? I'm trying to share an app with an Office 365 Group (which is mail enabled & visible in the Gobal Addressbook) and it doesn't work. I get the same error stating it's not in our organisations directory. Desperately need a fix to this issue as it's making sharing PowerApps a complete nightmare! 

mokhawaja
Level 8

Hi @Anonymous,

i use Security groups (which can be recognized by PowerApps portal) to share my apps.

regards,

Mohammad

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that works for us too....but isn't the point that an O365 Group is effectively a security group and should therefore be usable to share apps to groups of users? It baffles me that this isn't a working feature yet?? 

Highlighted
Navya

How do I create a group in powerapps to share my app. I read about sharing an app within group here: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app

Navya

Im getting the same error as yours. Had any luck yet?

ck25415
Level 8

@Navya I think sharing an app only works with security groups,dsitribuition groups. Are you trying to share it a SharePoint group ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,062)