cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
audrieg
Level 10

SharePoint Choice Lists

I have not been able to write to SharePoint Choice List Columns. I assumed it was not support (but am running into an urgent need). Can anyone confirm whether they are supported, or not? If so, any tips for how to do it?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jeffgeno
Level: Powered On

Re: SharePoint Choice Lists

If this page has been kept up to date, it looks like the Choice fields are read-only.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/connection-sharepoint-online/

I've worked around it by creating a separate list of all the choices and using that as the input for a drop-down menu in PowerApps. Then I write that value to Single Line of Text column in another list.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Audrieg,

were the values form your Choice column shown properly in your App? Could you write other values to your SharePoint list columns?

I created an App from data with SharePoint list, and there was a Choice column in my SharePoint list. In the Edit Screen of my App, I clicked the ellipsis of Choice card on Form Customization. Then I changed Value to “Value”.  On preview mode, when I edited the App, all of the values could be written to SharePoint list columns, including the Choice value.

Below is a screenshot of how to set the Value of Choice column:

choice value.PNG

Please try again to create an App from SharePoint Online list and make sure the values from your Choice column are shown properly in your App.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
audrieg
Level 10

Thank you for responding. In my case though, I am not using a gallery, I am patch updating using the patch() function.

How can I update the function so that it doesn't start complaining about records not matching. If you try to update the list using the patch function you'll see what I mean.

Thank you again!

jeffgeno
Level: Powered On

If this page has been kept up to date, it looks like the Choice fields are read-only.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/connection-sharepoint-online/

I've worked around it by creating a separate list of all the choices and using that as the input for a drop-down menu in PowerApps. Then I write that value to Single Line of Text column in another list.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

For anyone who wants to see PowerApps support choice fields completely, I have added a post to PowerApps Ideas, upvote if you agree:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Full-support-for-Sharepoint-Choice-fields/idi-p/...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 312 members 4,723 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: