Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RTW
Level: Powered On

SharePoint Custom Form does not load

Hello,

I've just deployed a new process in beta at my office, which includes a SharePoint list and a PowerApp as a custom form.

The issue I have is that if the user refreshes the page, the form wont load until I make a minor change (usually I just add some notes on the OnStart property of how annoying this is) and publish those changes. But... if they refresh the list then I have to go through this again. This error will happen in both IE and Chrome.

I can't sit in their area and re-publish the app multiple times a day. They'll need to refresh their view to make sure that tasks they've worked that day are filtered out. I've seen a few places where the solution was to delete the application and recreate it from scratch but it is not an option with how long it took me to make it in the first place - it is highly customized.

Please let me know what I can do so that this solution will actually work.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint Custom Form does not load

Hi @RTW ,

Currently, there are some issue with Custom form functionality in SP Online List. The user @kevingeorget has faced similar issue with you, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/PowerApps-pulling-old-record/td-p/4...

I have posted this issue to my product team, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
RTW

@v-xida-msft , that doesn't quite look like what I am experiencing. The looks similar to this one.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/PowerApps-custom-form-not-loading/t...

I submitted a case (119111224004658) with Microsoft Support yesterday as well, if that is useful.

I checked the console in Chrome while experiencing the error. When I tried to load the app I got the following message "player.js:1 AppLoadedEvent Timeout Expired ... Flushing Telemetry" and nothing else would happen. Logs from a case where it was successful show what looks like some authorization information before the app loads.

Please let me know ASAP what can be done. I have to delay the launch of an important project because of this.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RTW ,

Do you mean that the Custom form in your SP list could not load correctly?

Have you take a try to edit your custom form app (made some changes), and re-publish it again?

On your side, please consider clear cache of your Browser, then sign in your SP List again, check if the issue is solved. Also please consider edit your custom form app, and made some changes to it, and then re-publish it again, check if the issue is fixed.

Currently, there are some known issue with Custom forms functionality in SP List (just as I mentioned in above thread), I have posted this issue already. I think your issue may be affected by this known issue.

Please consider edit your custom form app using previous PowerApps Studio as below:

https://create.powerapps.com/v3.19104.33.130671691/studio/#action=sp-edit-formdata&app-id=<your-app-... 

then made some changes to it, re-publish it again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RTW ,

This issue has been fixed, please take a try with it on your side, check if the issue is solved.

If you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved. If the issue still exists, please consider remove the custom form, then re-customize a new one in your SP List, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards,

RTW

@v-xida-msft I'm not sure if I should mark this as solved as I ended up re-creating it as a canvass application and deleted the custom form.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,386)