cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
msmith
Level 8

SharePoint List ID Query String

Looking for a way to open a list item in PowerApps using the URL.

So if I have https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/app?ItemID=2 it should load that item data.

I have seen some posts out there about using the page Onstart, but I am missing something to get this working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
msmith
Level 8

Re: SharePoint List ID Query String

I got this figured out. When testing I opened the form by launching the app from my list of apps. When I went to the detail of the app and launched it from Web link and then added the ?ID= it worked fine.

I also had to add to the form Item=First(Filter(<datasource>,ID=Value(Param("ID"))))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
msmith
Level 8

I got this figured out. When testing I opened the form by launching the app from my list of apps. When I went to the detail of the app and launched it from Web link and then added the ?ID= it worked fine.

I also had to add to the form Item=First(Filter(<datasource>,ID=Value(Param("ID"))))

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is there a way to decrypt ITEM.ID in powerapps. In our case, we send email to users with a link. The link contains Item.ID so that users can click and edit some values in Powerapps and submit again. This seems to be a security risk. Users with basic web knowledge can change query string and ruin eveyrthing. 

Is there any way to decrypt item.Id in powerapps. We will put encrypted one in email.

Thanks

msmith
Level 8

I would like to hear other responses on this, but I do not see this as a security issue other than end-user training with list permissions. Query strings are a filter through the URL. Make sure your community understands the permissions for the data, whether it be through SharePoint or some other storage from PowerApps.  

If you are looking for security in this area, awareness training might be your best option.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,969)