cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aylarja
Level: Powered On

SharePoint Lists and Delegation: Not Functioning as I Would Expect

New to PowerApps, struggling with my understanding of how delegation should work with SharePoint lists. For test purposes, I set my delegation limit to 1 to quickly see when delegation was not working. I am populating dropdown lists from very limited SharePoint lists (4 values in one, and about 25 values in the other). For the first dropdown, I simply want to pull all values from the SP list by providing the data source name for that list. For the second dropdown, I filter the results based on the selection in the first one. Both of these queries are abiding by the non-delegable data row limit, which is not what I expect from the documentation I've read.

Additional info: for the first dropdown, even if I filter the list using criteria that should include all values, I only retrieve up to the non-delegable limit. The second dropdown is filtered based on the ID value of the selection in the first dropdown, and I understand that when filtering on an ID field, only the = predicate may be used to allow the query to be delegable. However, as noted, this query is also abiding by the non-delegable limit. More confusingly, I get no warnings or highlight markings to indicate that PowerApps is unable to delegate. Can anyone provide clarification on the behavior I'm seeing vs. what I thought should happen from reading PowerApps documentation? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: SharePoint Lists and Delegation: Not Functioning as I Would Expect

Binding to a dropdown is by definition non-delegable, no matter what function you use.  If you want to test then then bind the dropdown to a collection and use the formula to populate the collection.  You should get better testing results that way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Binding to a dropdown is by definition non-delegable, no matter what function you use.  If you want to test then then bind the dropdown to a collection and use the formula to populate the collection.  You should get better testing results that way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Aylarja
Level: Powered On

@Pstork1 wrote:

Pstork1, thank you for that clarification. I had not understood that binding to dropdowns makes a query non-delegable. That is very helpful to know, and I will investigate binding to collections instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 332 members 6,508 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: