cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidcastillo
Level: Powered On

SharePoint Online: Cannot See Email Lookup from Previous List

Hello,

I can't seem to find the email column to be looked up when referencing my email list to a new list. For reference, here is my list in SharePoint Online:

The list contains a cost center code, a business unit, and an approver. I need the approver to show in the next list. I created a list and I created a lookup field but I cannot see the Approver as part of the lookup field:

Any suggestions to fix this issue would be great help and advice.

My goal, by the way, is to show this value in Microsoft Flow, but the main UI is PowerApps.

Thank you,

David

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint Online: Cannot See Email Lookup from Previous List

Hi @davidcastillo,

Could you please share a bit more about the Approver column in your Company Code list?

Is it a Person or Group type column?

Further, do you want to create a Lookup column in a new list to reference the Person type column value within the Company Code list?

If you want to create a Lookup column in a new list to reference the Person type column value within the Company Code list, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in SharePoint currently.

Please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/56745/is-it-possible-to-make-a-lookup-column-that-loo...

Actually, the Person or Group type column in SP list is also a Lookup type column, creating a Lookup type column in SP list to reference the Lookup type column value in another SP list is not supported within SharePoint list currently (Cascading Lookup value is not supported).

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
david_castillo

Hi @v-xida-msft

The Approver column in the list is a Person/Group lookup type of column. What I want to achieve is to display the Company Code in a drop-down on another list, and getting the proper approver to appear on that list based on the Company Code stated.

Any way I can do that? And thanks, for the reply!

davidcastillo

Hi @v-xida-msft

Also just to clarify, what I'm trying to achieve is get this done in Microsoft Flow for approvals. The workflow goes like this:

I have two SharePoint lists: One for the form and one for the approver and company code

• User fills out the PowerApps form (based on SharePoint list)
    • The form contains Company Code (this is the detail you see above, Company Code is another list but is looked up in the main list where the form is) 
  • Workflow approval starts and sends an email to User and next approver
  • Approver 1 accepts the request, sends an email to approver 2
  • Approver 2 accepts the request, sends an email to approver 3
  • Approver 3 accepts the request, sends an email to approver 4
  • Approver 4 initiates the request and completes it, accepts the request and task is now marked as "Completed" (I have a Status field in the main SharePoint list)

I am stuck in determining how to send the approval to the approver 1 (Where it references the company code with the specific approver) which is a lookup list that has the approver. I need SharePoint to send it to a specific approver based on the Company Code chosen by the requestor. Is there any way I can do this in SharePoint? Are there alternatives to do this? 

Thanks,

David

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,460)