cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mau64
Level: Powered On

SharePoint PowerApp Form Will Sometimes Pull in Wrong Choice Field

Hey everyone, have a weird bug here that I cannot replicate everytime. We have a State dropdown that Flow updates for our user onboarding form. The data shows they are on the Payroll step in SharePoint, but sometimes when you load the form it pulls in the state as New. The data is correct in the SharePoint list, but PowerApps changes it for some reason. The State "New" isn't even a default option but it is the first option in the dropdown. 

I can load it and it will be in the New state, someone else can load it and it will be on Payroll state. It's very sporatic.

The only thing that could be changing this is the "DefaultSelectedItems" with this value: If(IsBlank(DataCardValue49), First(Choices(newhires.State)), Parent.Default)

Has anyone came across PowerApps not pulling in the data correctly? And is there another value I could change this to that may fix this?

Thanks everyone! 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint PowerApp Form Will Sometimes Pull in Wrong Choice Field

Hi @mau64,

Could you share more details on your app?

It seems that the value of the choice field cannot be properly populated from SharePoint list to PowerApps.

I have made a test by creating an app which will display the value of a Choice field on a dropdown control. As you mentioned, I have set the Default value of the dropdown control with a similar code.

However, the issue cannot be reproduced. Value in the choice field won’t be changed on the app.

Please share more details to help reproduce this issue.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mau64
Level: Powered On

Re: SharePoint PowerApp Form Will Sometimes Pull in Wrong Choice Field

yeah we have a bunch of PowerApps, all with choice fields that do not have an issue pulling in the correct value. We are exploring to see why it's always this one step that is messing it up. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 346 members 5,706 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: