cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielaH
Level 8

SharePoint form 'owner'?

Hello,

When a user creates a SharePoint form using PowerApps - who effectively 'owns' that app form?

Perhaps I am thinking about it incorrectly, I imagine it to be similar to the standalone apps where the developer publishes and becomes the app 'owner' i.e. the app is running on that individual's tenancy. Is this also the case for SharePoint form apps?

Or would the form app be tied to the SharePoint list, independant of the publisher's account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
robcarrington
Level: Powered On

Re: SharePoint form 'owner'?

@DanielaH you could set the user permissions to Contribute for the list and that way they wouldn't have the dropdown option to customise the form

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

It's my understanding that when you do the customize with PowerApps option in SharePoint, the SharePoint list is essentially the owner of the form.

DanielaH
Level 8

Thanks April.

I am also interested in other users' experiences in using PowerApps SP forms in large organizations. I am specifically concerned around the user's ability to customize/edit the form once they have edit permissions to the list. This could potentially result in a large workload relating to reviewing permissions..?

robcarrington
Level: Powered On

@DanielaH you could set the user permissions to Contribute for the list and that way they wouldn't have the dropdown option to customise the form

View solution in original post

DanielaH
Level 8

Hi robcarrington 

Thanks for your suggestion.

Working in a large organization that would mean a huge administrative effort - going through all permissions to ensure people only have contribute access rather than edit access!?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,230)