cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twilkin
Level: Powered On

Re: SharePoint list connection no refreshing

I did another test by removing the PowerApp I created and recreated it from SharePoint Online. My missing column did appear. I took this a step further and added another column to my list from SharePoint. I am still not able to sync a new column to the PowerApp.

Tried to refresh the data souce and waited for a while but it just has not appeared. I'm not sure if I am missing a step or if there is an issue. 

Weird.

PowerApps Staff sarafankit
PowerApps Staff

Where are you waiting for it to appear?

Have you tried to see if the new field appears in your data panel for the form - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-forms-sharepoint

twilkin

Hi sarafankit 

Thank you for your quick reply and link as well. Yes, clicking on the data pane I was able to see how I can make new columns visable. This link did explain that:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-forms-sharepoint

I appricate your quick assistance. This was a big help in understanding the behavior.

npatel

I wonder if somebody figure out a solution for this. I am facing an issue where I have to create new data source connection SharePoint list each time I update the list. Refresh doesn work at all.

PowerApps Staff sarafankit
PowerApps Staff

@npatel- We had a regression in this area. The hotfix should go out by tomorrow. Sorry for the trouble.

For now, you are following the only workaround.

Highlighted
SteffenH

This still doesn't work, i just added a simple text column to my list, go into powerapps, refresh the data source and the new one i just added is NOT there. If i delete the data source and re add it, i have to RE DO all of variables and visible funtions. it's highly annoying to have to rebuild the form from SCRATCH each time. If i am missing something please let me know. 

i have tried the work around, i delete the data source, add it back, and all of the custom stuff i did such as data card sizes, their visibility on certain tabs, and more has to be re done again. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 305 members 5,952 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: