Been relatively new to PowerApps, but made lots of progress thnks to this forum. However, struggling to find the solution to my latest problem.
My app reads and writes data from the SharePoint list. For the last week all worked perfectly reading and updating the data.
Then 2 days ago I had to delete some of my columns in the SharePoint list and added some new ones.
Since then, every time I start PowerApps it has little warning symbols for some fields which I changed, but the new fields I added are not available. Similarly, when using the app on a mobile, the new data does not come through.
When I edit the app online and refresh the connection, everything gets updated, the warning symbols disappear, and the data from new columns comes through. Unfortunately I can't seem to refresh the connection in the iOS app.
After having refreshed the connection, I have saved the app countless times, but when I open the app again the next time, it has lost the connection to the updated SharePoint list again...
I have tried to add Update(Source) to a button on the homepage of the app, but without any success.
Any other suggestions which would save me having to build the app again from scratch?
Many thanks in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for feedback.
I have reproduced this issue on my side.
I am trying to report this issue on my side and I will back to you once I got any response.
I'm experiencing the same problem with Common Data Service.
The refresh in edit mode is only temporary (it needs to be done every time) and there is no way to do it in the app.
Thanks for reporting this, we are actively investigating this.
A suggested workaround is to remove the data sources from your app and add it again. It should maintain all your data bindings.
Sorry, as I thought it was me having done something wrong, I ended up re-creating the app from scratch and it solved the issue. Subsequently I deleted the faulty one. But hopefully one of the other people reporting the issue can provide session ID details.
I'm sure the efforts to get this resolved won't be wasted, as I'm a newbie to SharePoint lists and PowerApps, and can imagine very soon I may have to delete/add columns, so hopefully by then the issue will be fixed.
I test this issue again on my side, seems that it has been fixed.
When I open the app again, the newly added columns can be refreshed automatically.
Please try it on your side and let me know if it is working for you now.
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Find out where you can attend!
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020
Learn how to build the business apps that you need.