cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJZoerner
Level: Powered On

Re: SharePoint list connection no refreshing

I am having the same issue with my SharePoint list. Will this be fixed, so that we do not have to recreate the app with a new data source? Or is deleting the data source and adding it back in the only solution?

Thanks,

Amy Jo

Rob_CTL

Deleting the data source from within the app does fix the issue, not ideal but it is easy than re-creating the app. 

View solution in original post

PowerApps Staff sarafankit
PowerApps Staff

Yes, we are working on a fix for this. It will be released in the next build in about 2 weeks time.

Max1

Hello @sarafankit,

This is still not working for me - any updates on the fix?

Also - how do you remove a data source? I have 8 sharepoint lists feeding my app, only one of them (at the moment) needs to be deleted and added as per the workaround above.

PowerApps Staff sarafankit
PowerApps Staff

Hey Max1,

The issue was fixed in earlier releases, it should be working. Can you please describe what is happening with your app?

To remove a data source:

• Select any screen
  • Click on Data tab on the right hand panel
  • Find the data source you want to remove and click the ... 
  • Click Remove
  • Once you add the same data source back and all your existing formulas will auto-bind 

I will also suggest, trying to hit the Refresh option in ... menu and see if the columns get updated.

Max1

Hi Sarafankit,

I have added some new colums to lists within sharepoint but these are not showing up in app. I have tried refreshing the data source.

Thank you for the steps on removing data sources - I will try removing and re-adding if we can't find another solution.

Thanks,

Max

sherwintan77

I had the same problem. But in an act of desperation, I just kept refreshing relentlessly and it worked. lol

twilkin

I am also facing this issue. I am new to PowerApps as well and was hoping that refreshing the data source would update the new columns I added to my SharePoint list. I also tried to remove and put in the data source but this did not help.

I read on another fourm that you could manually add in the new columns in PowerApps, however I don't think that manually creating the new columns in PowerApps would be a fix because if I made a lot of changes I would have to add this everywhere. 

Hope this gets addressed since it is a bit misleading, but I am impressed that I can create apps from a list quickly. 

Super User
Super User

Refreshing the SharePoint data source should make your new columns available. Sometimes you have refresh a couple of times or wait a few minutes before refreshing but I have always been able to get my new columns to show up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
twilkin

Hi 

Thaks for your quick reply

I have done several refreshes of the data source and waited at least 30 minutes. I still do not see the new column in PowerApps.

I created the new column in SharePoint Designer and do see it in SharePoint Online. I also made sure that it is visable and it also shows up when I want to create a new item from SharePoint Online. Its just weird that after several refreshes it is not appearing at all in PowerApps. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,857)