cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SR11
Level: Powered On

SharePoint list form - duplicate fields

I am using PowerApps to create a cutom form for a Sharepoint list. When I edit the properties of a data card for a field, it converts it into a custom card. And I am able to see a duplicate of the same field when I scroll down. For instance, "Request Name" field below is duplicated. 

1.PNG2.PNG

I don't think this is expected behaviour. I'm not sure why this is happening and if there would be any issues down the road once this form is in use. 

Thanks,
SR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: SharePoint list form - duplicate fields

Hi @SR11,

Powerapps is behaving as it should.  When you customize a field's card, it keeps the original as a default.  This is by design so that if you want to undo the changes and start again, all you have to do is delete the customized card and check the orginal card.  Having the original around as a backup in case i screwed up the customization has been a great benefit.  Without it, I would have had to generate a new form and start all over again.  

If this addresses your issue, please mark it solved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @SR11,

Powerapps is behaving as it should.  When you customize a field's card, it keeps the original as a default.  This is by design so that if you want to undo the changes and start again, all you have to do is delete the customized card and check the orginal card.  Having the original around as a backup in case i screwed up the customization has been a great benefit.  Without it, I would have had to generate a new form and start all over again.  

If this addresses your issue, please mark it solved.

View solution in original post

SR11
Level: Powered On

Ah, I see!  Thanks for the clarification. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,599)